68 replies to this topic

#61 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,320 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

Johnny law, I first visited Steamboat springs on a geology trip in 2000. We spent a couple hours in town the one day and went to the in town hot springs/water park and I ate at a steakhouse and went to the rodeo. The next day we could either go a few hours with professor to dinosaur national park or hangout in town and I was burnt out on looking at rocks so chose to hangout in town and ended up roasting herbs along the bike path, going out for lunch and visiting some bars. I believe it used to be called Ski Town USA..it's a super nice town. The skiing satisfies the majority of people just not extrem snowboarders like TP4 and VTMark
  • Johnny Law likes this

#62 RidgeRacer

RidgeRacer

Bronze Medalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,316 posts
  • Home Mtn: Blue Mountain

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

Next time I'm flying into Denver then driving for hours again it's not going to be for Steamboat but for Crested Butte. Barb's reports have solidified my need to visit there. I liked SB but wasn't like holy shit I need to get back here. Granted it didn't snow either.
"Dream out loud"

#63 JFskiDan

JFskiDan

hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts
  • Home Mtn: JFBB

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:25 AM

I dont get why people think Camelback is the best mountain in PA, but i do really enjoy Steamboat.  Trees are great at Steamboat.  And it does snow alot there.  From yesterday.  

Attached File  Steamboat.jpg   35.26KB   9 downloads

• mbike-ski likes this

Sent from a payphone with a pocketful of dimes.

#64 Ski2Live Live2Ski

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Dancing Downhill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Home Mtn: Blue/Camelback/Montage

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Hunter expanding too
https://www.hudsonva...oses-new-trails

#65 Johnny Law

Johnny Law

Bronze Medalist

• Members
  • 4,053 posts
  • Home Mtn: Little Gap

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Next time I'm flying into Denver then driving for hours again it's not going to be for Steamboat but for Crested Butte. Barb's reports have solidified my need to visit there. I liked SB but wasn't like holy shit I need to get back here. Granted it didn't snow either.

CB is the tits mcgee, like a little telluride. Really good terrain for CO and the town is cool too. There is a thai place, I know right thai in CO ? but it's seriously seriously good.

• RidgeRacer likes this

#66 RidgeRacer

RidgeRacer

Bronze Medalist

• Members
  • 4,316 posts
  • Home Mtn: Blue Mountain

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:32 AM

CB is the tits mcgee, like a little telluride. Really good terrain for CO and the town is cool too. There is a thai place, I know right thai in CO ? but it's seriously seriously good.

If you're ever in Sedona Arizona hit up the Thai joint there. Amaze balls!
  • Johnny Law likes this
"Dream out loud"

#67 Ride Delaware ?

Ride Delaware ?

Pow Huntah

• Members
  • 4,053 posts
  • Home Mtn: Sugarbush, Elk Mountain

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

Root would have more info on the early season opening strategy for Bell, but considering the trouble they have opening a single upper mountain trail, I can't imagine this will change their strategy...

#68 RootDKJ

RootDKJ

'Safety' Expert

• Staff
  • 4,465 posts
  • Home Mtn: #MountMik

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Not really.  It's just one trail off a slow lift that has a mid station,  Ontera I think.  I doubt the new gondubie is going to change that.

99 percent of the population couldn't ski 10 feet with their full concentration, and you can do it black out drunk. Gotta love being in an elite group

#69 Ride Delaware ?

Ride Delaware ?

Pow Huntah

• Members
  • 4,053 posts
  • Home Mtn: Sugarbush, Elk Mountain

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

I figured. I think I read that it actually goes to the right of that lift and they are also building a ski tunnel under the road so that the mountain isn't as disjointed and allows you to get to the base from the other side...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users