3/4-3/5 weekend roll call thread.

at this point between the bullshit blue has pulled on saturday and yesterday, let them fail.  5 minutes of rain and they close lol

Give it a rest. Everywhere was closed yesterday.

there was no lightning

Yes there was in Allentown and just lightning in the forecast is reason enough to close.

Yes there was in Allentown and just lightning in the forecast is reason enough to close.

pics or it didnt happen

i wasnt aware that 2 wrongs make a right.  if jeff jumped off a bridge, would you?

I for one am not into the whole 'get stuck on a chair while its lightning outside' scene.

Happened to me at Park City. Snowing harder and harder on each ride up, clouds light up, thunder crashes, and the lift immediately stops. Hanging there on a huge lightening rod debating with the boys, what happens if lightening hits the cable and we're between it and ground? Lift starts again after several minutes and we get off at the top and head inside until storm passes. 10 minutes later a ski patroller comes in in full gear, stands on a table and announces the mountain is closing "if you don't know how to get down we'll ski you down in groups of six. Meet out front in 10 minutes."

We knew the way down and headed out. Started out and the guy in front disappeared in 20'---oh shit--- it was snowing that hard, made it back to condo, and two hours later blue skies and the storm had passed. It's now early afternoon but PC remained closed.

Another time, first gondola of the day at Snowbird. Packed in like sardines with 120 other people all psyched up and happy because it's snowing and blowing like crazy with 18" already fallen. About 2/3 of the way up the gondola stops. Everybody shuts up, the onboard phone rings, and the operator answers saying "yes, yes, yes" hangs up and says to us, " I guess you're wondering why we stopped." "We picked up static in the air and now have to go on manual override." From there on we crawled up, with the car actually blowing sideways and swaying like crazy. Our first time there we figured we'd be able to go inside a lodge at the top like PC and wait until the storm blows over. Nope no lodge, just freezing 50mph wind driven ice pellets. We spent nearly an hour working our way off the top, found a coffee spot and went inside to warm up. BTW the gondola closed after that ride.

• Like 4

there was no lightning

There was lightning yesterday. Also monsoon rains. Why would they open? Last place I want to be in a lightning storm. In a metal chain, suspended from a metal cable, between 2 metal poles.

Just got done a quick session. Got here at 1145, now leaving. Things really aren't bad considering. Definitely glad I came up.

There was lightning yesterday. Also monsoon rains. Why would they open? Last place I want to be in a lightning storm. In a metal chain, suspended from a metal cable, between 2 metal poles. Just got done a quick session. Got here at 1145, now leaving. Things really aren't bad considering. Definitely glad I came up.

Root just text me and said the snow didn't set up.

How crazy were the winds?

TP4 was a crack baby don't pay him any mind.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich