May Day at Blue???? Thoughts.

If Blue plans on making more snow I think they should go for May skiing. With more snowmaking and a below average April I think they can do it. They'll sell tickets if they're the only game in town. I don't feel like I'm dreaming the freaking lake in front of my apartment just froze over and birds are flying back to Florida.

• Like 1

With what money? Financing on that entire complex dried up with the global financial crisis of 07-08

In may they announced a deal to bring in Snow Operating to on this as "Big Snow America" - now looking to open fall 2018, also with a water park and theme park there.

I take it with a few grains of salt at this point.

But more likely to open indoor skiing in an already built structure 10 miles from NYC than at Blue

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Not a whole lot probably. When they first talked about opening it I lived 5 miles away and I thought it would be a great place to teach my kids without being too cold or far.

Now it is 40 trafficy miles away, and it would be small and quite likely mobbed with lousy skiers crashing into eachother.

I would check it out as a novelty in bad weather and see what I thought of it, but probably would not want to spend a lot of time there.

If my kids wanted to get into ski racing it might be a good place to get them training for that year round.