3/19..nice snow..sunny

The price for Sunday night tickets hasn't even gone up that much since Indiggio was in college. I think it's $30 now for Sunday nights. I remember when Blue used to have ladies day, men's day, business person day, college day and ski club day where I believe you saved $10 on lift tickets.

I bailed pretty much right after the 6 broke.  My snow removal activities Fri/Sat had my upper body so sore i was really having issues using my arms to pole with.  Like just getting out of the gate to the line of the 6 was an issue......then we had to go from the 6, when it broke, to the quad, which killed me.  

Great snow though.  Not super crowded when i left, but way to crowded to be just running the quad for a bit.  

I bailed pretty much right after the 6 broke.  My snow removal activities Fri/Sat had my upper body so sore i was really having issues using my arms to pole with.  Like just getting out of the gate to the line of the 6 was an issue......then we had to go from the 6, when it broke, to the quad, which killed me.  

Great snow though.  Not super crowded when i left, but way to crowded to be just running the quad for a bit.

Blue got real crowded after you left.

You don't night ski during the week much right?? Way to get after it Indiggio.

I'd like to get out more during the week, but work tends to get in the way...

That's why I have to make up for it on the weekends.

Edited by indiggio

Tonight was an unexpected blast. 

Arrived around 4:30 pm and the snow sucked; it was wet and very slow and I thought I'd made a dumb mistake driving up for that mess. 

So I had a couple beers and waited a while. Sure enough when the sun started to go down, the snow lost its wet/grabby quality and became hella fun.  It was still soft, but now it was fast-soft instead of stop-in-your tracks mushy. 

There couldn't have been more than 20 skiers on the whole mountain; the valley lodge's bar and retail shop were both closed, and the lodge was a ghost-town. Wore myself out doing laps and for most runs had the entire trail to myself.  Super fun.

• Like 3

Nice report and never a dumb mistake driving up for skiing...natural snow and new manmade become like glue when it's warm. The only thing that combats that is a combination of wax and speed..try some liquid soap from the bathroom on your ski bases if you don't have any wax...I think I'm gonna leave work early tomorrow and head to blue before Wednesday's big freeze...maybe ski Wednesday again for the fast snow.

That's why I give kudos to Root and TP4 and anyone else driving > hr after work. I'm basically a weekend warrior with some extra vacation time.

The key is being able to leave early. 78 West is a shitshow starting around 3pm until about 6:30 pm.

3:30 is my afternoon cutoff.  Any later a normally 1:15 ride takes 2+ hours.

QFT...I also like arriving at blue at 7pm for night skiing as the drive is after rush hour traffic and it's pitch black i.e. consistent light. I brought my ski stuff with me to work today. Leaving as early as possible.

• Like 2

QFT...I also like arriving at blue at 7pm for night skiing as the drive is after rush hour traffic and it's pitch black i.e. consistent light. I brought my ski stuff with me to work today. Leaving as early as possible.

If I'm in Philly, Bucks or Montco for a meeting, then I'll deal with whatever traffic there is and go as soon as I can... even if that's a 5pm launch.

See everyone at Blue today (3/21)!!!