Update for closing weekend...

lololololololol

If you want a real good one read the reviews of Frontier Airlines...they are hysterical.   My favorites are- Pros, "i got there and back in one piece" and "plane didnt crash"  lolol

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Airline_Review-d8729213-Reviews-Cheap-Flights-Frontier-Airlines

Edited by JFskiDan

If you want a real good one read the reviews of Frontier Airlines...they are hysterical.   My favorites are- Cons, "i got there and back in one piece" and "plane didnt crash"  lolol

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Airline_Review-d8729213-Reviews-Cheap-Flights-Frontier-Airlines

HA! Thanks for sharing that - will give me something to do during the faculty meeting later :) 

Yep expect Loveland and Abasin will be my options those days, but I understand Winter Park and Copper, and maybe some others, have yet to rule out being open then.

If it is Loveland and Abasin, will most likely do a day at each as I have never been to either. In CO I have been to Steamboat, Vail and Eldora.

Also looking forward to getting GSS trip report before deciding.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

I would go to Abasin over Loveland or one day each. The Pali lift at Abasin has some great steeps...breckenridge could possibly be open that weekend as well.

One tip is that since you'll be there on a weekend and with limited options get to Abasin early as their parking lot fills up fast in the spring time.

In Colorado I've skied Crested butte, Aspen mountain, Aspen highlands, Aspen snowmass, Steamboat, beaver creek, copper mountain, Abasin and Loveland. Gotta get out to Utah one of these spring trips but the legal weed and high chances of April powder keeps bringing me back to Colorado

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

If you want a real good one read the reviews of Frontier Airlines...they are hysterical.   My favorites are- Pros, "i got there and back in one piece" and "plane didnt crash"  lolol

Decades ago, I flew to Myrtle Beach with a bunch of friends on Myrtle Beach Jet Express.

The airline couldn't afford a regular gate, so we boarded on the tarmac in PHL.  As you looked down the exterior of the fuselage as you boarded, you could see they had painted "Myrtle Beach Jet Express" over a poorly removed "Peoples Express" logo....

Plane was circus seating.  And they let us take a cooler of beer on board.  (This was a 9am flight BTW.)  Only rule was, the cooler had to be buckled in to an empty seat for takeoff and landing.

Times have changed....

• Like 1

Decades ago, I flew to Myrtle Beach with a bunch of friends on Myrtle Beach Jet Express.

The airline couldn't afford a regular gate, so we boarded on the tarmac in PHL.  As you looked down the exterior of the fuselage as you boarded, you could see they had painted "Myrtle Beach Jet Express" over a poorly removed "Peoples Express" logo....

Plane was circus seating.  And they let us take a cooler of beer on board.  (This was a 9am flight BTW.)  Only rule was, the cooler had to be buckled in to an empty seat for takeoff and landing.

Times have changed....

Sounds like Soul Plane...post-512-0-77571800-1490901842_thumb.jpeg

I loved peoples express, we would kill a case of bud ponies on the way from toms river to newark  to fly to buffalo, new haven, boston (?), & syracuse for $29 to see the dead.

On one flight the stewardess announced the pilot as captain Jerry and  the plane went apeshit lol  :wiggle

• Like 1

December 14 to April 2 is 110 days minus the 11 days they were closed maybe 12 counting Xmas so about 98-99 days. Last season they were only open about 70 days.

Thanks for doing the legwork on this. # of days in its own right does not dictate the quality of a season but it certainly is a factor. Since I got serious about skiing (08/09'), I'm guessing on #'s alone this season is average to slightly better than average. 11/12' completely sucked and 08/09' and 14/15' tops. That's what I recall anyway. Could be wrong

Thanks for doing the legwork on this. # of days in its own right does not dictate the quality of a season but it certainly is a factor. Since I got serious about skiing (08/09'), I'm guessing on #'s alone this season is average to slightly better than average. 11/12' completely sucked and 08/09' and 14/15' tops. That's what I recall anyway. Could be wrong

08-09 and 14-15 were both November openings at Blue...I feel like this season was slightly better than average.

• Like 1

But Jackson has discounted tickets in January! Same cost as a ticket to Blue. Flying there might cost me as much as a new pair of skis, but maybe i can find someone to split a hot cocoa with. Wait, does Frontier fly to Jackson??? If you go, and i meet up with you, can you take half my baggage with you so i dont get nipped with baggage fees? Do you think they consider skis a personal item? They dont charge for "personal item" on Frontier.

a5e11cb904ccc939ea752bf14d972a01.jpg

He has a voucher. That's like me bragging about having a free dinner at red lobster because I used a gift card lol

What some fail to consider is that vouchers and a cup of cocoa won't keep the red lobsters that we all love and are passionate about open for business for very long. There'd be no Red Lobsters left! I, for one, am ok with supporting those Red Lobsters because if I couldn't ski, I mean eat at red Lobster, I'd be really really sad.

What some fail to consider is that vouchers and a cup of cocoa won't keep the red lobsters that we all love and are passionate about open for business for very long. There'd be no Red Lobsters left! I, for one, am ok with supporting those Red Lobsters because if I couldn't ski, I mean eat at red Lobster, I'd be really really sad.

I fucking hate Red Lobster. 

• Like 2

Seeing as how I was just mailed the voucher out of the blue and had to use it or lose it, it did not feel like spending $.

Congratulations...I have Arbys coupons if you want them..I'll mail them to you and will even provide the stamp free of charge. I gave up fast food for lent..they expire today but they don't check the date on them when doing drive thru...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

I loved peoples express, we would kill a case of bud ponies on the way from toms river to newark  to fly to buffalo, new haven, boston (?), & syracuse for $29 to see the dead.

On one flight the stewardess announced the pilot as captain Jerry and  the plane went apeshit lol  :wiggle

thats awesome!