TP4 rides Vermont

theprogram4

I've looked at several topographical maps and Google earth and the only way you can ski 1000 ft of vert is if you hike up higher than the lift and somehow skied all the way to the bottom of the village of four seasons. There is no run at elk that requires two lift rides to reach 1000 vert feet. Every trail can be accessed from every lift, except the beginner hill and West slope which only goes about 30%up the mountain. Elks claims of 1000 are misleading to say the least. 1000 sounds more like Vermont than "925" I guess but it's not honesty advertising!

Honestly Blue's got me spoiled. I'd feel weird calling a mountain with under 1k feet of vert home now. Skiing CB the other day felt like I was at Bear Creek. Sorry if that comes off as being a dick but it is what it is. It would be hard to move back to Jackson Frost with it's 600 vertical full time especially if the trees aren't a priority there anymore. Vert is meaningless out west or even in Vermont. In PA every foot counts.

• Like 2

Blue is the minimum vert I will ski...sure I had some fun at PASR days at tanglewood and JF and camelback and Montage but blue is so much better.

Out west I'm usually happy when a run is over. It means relief.

And yeah you aren't gonna have double as much fun at a 4K mountain vs a 2k mountain out west although doing a top to bottom 4100 vert run at Jackson hole is MSY mad steezy yo but most of my runs there are 1500 vert or so off the thunder and sublette chairs.

• Like 1

Honestly Blue's got me spoiled. I'd feel weird calling a mountain with under 1k feet of vert home now. Skiing CB the other day felt like I was at Bear Creek. Sorry if that comes off as being a dick but it is what it is. It would be hard to move back to Jackson Frost with it's 600 vertical full time especially if the trees aren't a priority there anymore. Vert is meaningless out west or even in Vermont. In PA every foot counts.

Very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If you want a steeper run has to be a straight shot..ski2live have you ever gone straight down challenge or razors in a tuck.

Razors and challenge are totally different runs. Plus with razors you also have razorback..challenge is semi narrow and razors is wide...if you like doing super GSS turns razors has the width. If razors and challenge were the same people wouldn't complain about razors being closed for the race team. Ski2Live since I gave up fast food for Lent I have some Kentucky fried chicken coupons. Two for the price of one crispy strips..your kids would love em..I can meet you in the men's rooms at the Lehigh valley service plaza on 476 if you want them.

You drunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG I was thinking the same thing..lololocopter. He probably had one to many twisted teas at happy hour...

STFU GSS twisted tea is never on special

Challenge and Razor actually feel shorter to me than some longer vertical trails due to their being a straight shot where you can see the bottom from the top. Makes them less interesting. Also don't love that they are so close to identical unless one is left ungroomed.

You know at most ski resorts you can see the bottom from the top. Even on Mount Everest you can see the bottom from the top and that rates low on my list of places to ski due to the drive time, weather, lack of coupons and Capri Sun is expensive in Katmandu and the cocoa there doesn't have the mini marshmallow. Funny but true wahahahahooey

• Like 2