$299 season passes

I like Montage a lot, but they are also the most likely to take your $299 and go out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true, and financial woes could drive a decision to offer a great deal to get your cash early.

Not biting on this deal personally as the extra drive means I don't want to hit Montage every time I ski the Poconos, which is what I would need to do to make this a better deal than the Pocono Ski and Ride Cards I use. Also most of their stuff is either too easy or too tough for my kids with only a couple just right single black runs. But wanted to share the info nonetheless.

Available July 25 only. Quite a phenomenal deal for the most challenging and least crowded terrain in Eastern PA.

Least crowded, probably.  most challenging?  Blue is pretty challanging around 2 pm on any given Saturday.  

And, yeah, i like montage too, but two season passes is kinda silly.  cant be in two places at the same time.  i like skiing Blue with all the other weirdos on here.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1

Least crowded, probably. most challenging? Blue is pretty challanging around 2 pm on any given Saturday.

And, yeah, i like montage too, but two season passes is kinda silly. cant be in two places at the same time. i like skiing Blue with all the other weirdos on here.

I said the terrain was the most challenging. Certainly Blue has more challenging idiots who do not belong on the slopes they are skiing on. Only Hunter really gives it a run for its money there.

Agree two passes would be silly.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

If I lived in Lackawanna county I'd go all in on this deal...has Sno mountain or montage ever not opened? I remember KCSki was saying about how some workers paychecks were bouncing and what not had me shaking my Herman.

Get your story straight.  I never said they had an issue with checks bouncing other than the fact that there was an issue with bank transfers and a monumental screw up on said banks side, not the mountain's.  I never had a bad check in all my years there.

Love the comments here about the Doom and Gloom Forecast once again for this place.  Although I am not a part of it anymore I do keep up on what is going on up there.  You all do know between Disco and the Peach Festival pretty much covers the operating expenses of the mountain for the entire year?.  All through the years I was there some jackass always stated it is closing, will close, last year, rain, no snow...slow lifts...bad management....and...it's in better financial shape than it ever was currently.  Live Nation signed a 5 year contract with them for continuation of the Peach Festival, and Disco is re-signing after this show.

It still needs help as the infrastructure needs upgrading in areas, but that is coming... but..it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

With that said...I was at Blue a few weeks ago to shoot for the AMA Hare Scramble that was held there...first time there...nice place, Montage can take some lessons from them.  Also was at Tussey Mountain..small resort but all kinds of good things down there for Summer activities and a well kept place.

• Like 4

Get your story straight.  I never said they had an issue with checks bouncing other than the fact that there was an issue with bank transfers and a monumental screw up on said banks side, not the mountain's.  I never had a bad check in all my years there.

Love the comments here about the Doom and Gloom Forecast once again for this place.  Although I am not a part of it anymore I do keep up on what is going on up there.  You all do know between Disco and the Peach Festival pretty much covers the operating expenses of the mountain for the entire year?.  All through the years I was there some jackass always stated it is closing, will close, last year, rain, no snow...slow lifts...bad management....and...it's in better financial shape than it ever was currently.  Live Nation signed a 5 year contract with them for continuation of the Peach Festival, and Disco is re-signing after this show.

It still needs help as the infrastructure needs upgrading in areas, but that is coming... but..it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

With that said...I was at Blue a few weeks ago to shoot for the AMA Hare Scramble that was held there...first time there...nice place, Montage can take some lessons from them.  Also was at Tussey Mountain..small resort but all kinds of good things down there for Summer activities and a well kept place.

Thanks for correcting the info and keeping the rumors quelled, KC.

It appears that latest management team is doing a good job and the mountain is on a sustainable plan for the future.

Thanks for shutting Doug the fuck up. 

• Like 2

Disco.....sweet.

i like montage, so keep that in mind as you read on. So these 2 festivals pretty much cover operating expenses for the year. Thats gotta be some big money. So 1 or 2 more festivals a year and skiing and or waterpark start to look like a low profit pain in the ass? Operating expenses sure would be low if you didnt have to make snow, fuel equipment to groom said snow, light up the snow, and spin really big electric motors to get people to the top of the snow. You know, just thinking out loud.

Live Nation is huge. They bring in big acts over there with these events. I can see them making bank. Dan has a point though. Is running the ski area eating into those profits? If so that can't be good for the skiing part of the business. I like Montage and if I lived closer this pass would be a no brainer

Edited by RidgeRacer

Free condiments I hope for that hot dog frankfurter sang

Hey Sno Mountain Skier..how's married lyfe.

Blissful.

Live Nation is huge. They bring in big acts over there with these events. I can see them making bank. Dan has a point though. Is running the ski area eating into those profits? If so that can't be good for the skiing part of the business. I like Montage and if I lived closer this pass would be a no brainer

The ski area loses money with the waterpark and skiing. They are making money from the LN events and the beer/wine festivals that they are putting on themselves.

The actual resort is just a sliver of the owners business. If he is breaking even by allowing LN to host a couple of events, that is all that matters to him.

Edited by Sno Mountain Skier
  • Like 1