Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

It was in the fall. 

It'll be the last weekend in October in the valley lodge cafeteria area.  Last year they did a video preview the day prior where the shop manager walked around and showed everything they were selling, so you could tell if it was worth getting there first thing. Seemed like they had nice stuff. 

• Like 1

Wow 17" at Loveland and Abasin. May consider starting the Skison first week of Nov if they can put that to good use and build on it. Spirit offering flights then for 5000 miles.

Why not go when its baller later in the season, rather than skiing with 10,000 of your closest friends on just a couple slopes?

Where is that pic from last year....the lift line at loveland, i think that started halfway down the slope?  lol lol lol  

• Like 4

Why not go when its baller later in the season, rather than skiing with 10,000 of your closest friends on just a couple slopes?

Where is that pic from last year....the lift line at loveland, i think that started halfway down the slope? lol lol lol

Cause a person who just cancelled their Spirit card has 17k miles that expire in a couple months, they will give them to me for a free ticket as they have no use for them, and this R/T will use them for a free trip when they won't even get one way later in the season. Would likely go mid week so crowds should not be bad. Waiting to see how much they get open before deciding.

Basically Jonesing to start skiing too. My 30 day record last year is not going to beat itself you know.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Cause a person who just cancelled their Spirit card has 17k miles that expire in a couple months, they will give them to me for a free ticket as they have no use for them, and this R/T will use them for a free trip when they won't even get one way later in the season. Would likely go mid week so crowds should not be bad. Waiting to see how much they get open before deciding.

Basically Jonesing to start skiing too. My 30 day record last year is not going to beat itself you know.

Ok, so its free and you are jonesing to start skiing.  i get that.  so am i.  just not jonesing enough to stand in this line.  i think this was Abasin early last year.  

liftline.jpg?w=1108

That makes the opening day at BB line look like a joke.  

crowds are better at BB opening day because it makes the riding more interesting.  last year they opened with 2 trails...one without features, and one with features.  the one without features was empty.  after about 5 runs it gets boring mad fast, so you go over to the park and do the human slalom, which makes the 300 yard run much more interesting

I miss your posts!!!!

Ok, so its free and you are jonesing to start skiing.  i get that.  so am i.  just not jonesing enough to stand in this line.  i think this was Abasin early last year.  

liftline.jpg?w=1108

That makes the opening day at BB line look like a joke.

He said he'd go midweek.

• Like 1

I'll be stoked when Blue ditches the pass holders cut the line policy

I'll be stoked when Blue makes non pass holders ride the main street chair only, or the quad.  

its a perk for having a season pass.  Happens a lot of places.  Other places passholders get access earlier, free cocoa and cookies, good parking spots, etc.  

those are funny.  theres one about sugarbush too.  

• Like 7

If Blue opened the 6pack an hour earlier for pass holders I'd get a pass.

I think an 8am opening is fine. I don't think you're in PA enough during ski season to make it worth it and you're retired so can go up any weekday morning when it's empty as it is. Anyway that's not gonna happen. I was saddened when Blue went from a 730am to 8am opening but now I don't care so much I still get there before 730 I just dick around in the lot longner.

I think visitors from New Jersey to blue mountain who have twins should get free juice bags..Capri Sun!!!

I might fly out there and ski a half day on rentals.

OMG I'm laughing so hard..thanks for that!!! You're awesome...your friend Skifreak..

i was gonna say 8-9 for passholders, but probably the reality is that most people riding the 6 from 8-9 am on any given weekend day are passholders.

Truth and even the 9am-10am hour doesn't have much in the way of liftlines except for the busiest days. A lot of the people from philly and jersey don't arrive until like 10-1030

In the morning the VIP line for the six pack isn't usually that much shorter than the regular line. It's weekend afternoons when it's a significantly shorter wait using the VIP line for the quad and six pack.