Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

Got 30 days in last winter. Which is about the max possible working 5 days a week and not digging night skiing.

I live (semi) coastal jersey and I got 50 days in last year. Don't ski nights. Three major rider-of-the-storm days too. Work at a crazy Fortune 500 company. Priorities priorities... Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 3

I definitely pay for some skiing in Dec on top of my PSAR cards. I don't do enough of it in PA to make it worth getting a pass somewhere.

Particularly when it is usually best done at Montage over winter break where there are no crowds, better terrain, and low prices.

Pointing to 2 great days is consistent with "rarely great"

In the words of the great poet Pee Wee Herman... If you love Montage so much why don't you just marry it? Seriously Montage passes were less than $300. Not cheap enough?

#### days, $1.53 per day, 1/2 a dinner, and who the fuck cares?

Hahahahahahaha

Single dad every other week and lead a rock band in my free time too. Priorities.

But I thought you Ski2Live and Live2Ski? With a handle like that doesn't it make sense assume that skiing would be a priority in your life?

Good for you on hitting 50 though that is awesome

In the words of the great poet Pee Wee Herman... If you love Montage so much why don't you just marry it? Seriously Montage passes were less than $300. Not cheap enough?

Because I don't like driving that far every time and I like changing up where I go regularly. PSAR cards and springing for any Dec or non PA tix works perfect for me.

A windmill will power a few LED lights.  not the coffee maker i have in mind.  Certainly wont heat the fry oil for the waffles either.  

Don't worry. I'm already retrofitting solar panels and a windmill in my decorating designs. We will have enough power. I just need modify a small corner for the battery storage, but I think that will be able to fit nicely next to the kegorator. 

• Like 1

Stats....dont get me started.  And for the record i dont keep track.  I skied 3 days out in Utah last year.  Almost every Saturday and Sunday of the season.  toss in a few Fridays, and the week in between Christmas and New years.  So, thats pretty fucking awesome.  35 days in PA, maybe?  Wow.  Wheres my fucking trophy?  So, like 92% of my days were spent skiing in PA.  Whoop-de-doo.  92% in PA.  I think we all can agree skiing in PA is like the special olympics of skiing, except maybe for the very few good powder days we get in PA.    So, is there really a big difference between Blue, Camelback And JFBB?  no.  its still skiing in PA.  

So, in doing all the above math, i have come to the conclusion, i ski in PA too much.  That is the stat i want to work on.  

A good stat to keep track of, is what percentage of skiing you do outside of PA.  

For the win, just off of the top of my head, i put Barb and Moe at the top.  GSS, Jeff and Law normally spend more time out west than others. I think Tarpon head was in VT a few times last year.   Forgive me if you feel i left you off the list.  Im not GSS, and cant remember the things he does.  

• Like 2