Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

Wow, just wow. That would suck.

Well, yeah, and it will make the math on $$/ski day that much more difficult.  

If i was in charge of doling out "a limited" number of super discount cards at the ski club, members that show up to meetings/ski events would have first go at super coupon cards, not people joining just to get the super coupon card.  Thats just the way i do things though. 

• Like 1

Well, yeah, and it will make the math on $$/ski day that much more difficult.  

If i was in charge of doling out "a limited" number of super discount cards at the ski club, members that show up to meetings/ski events would have first go at super coupon cards, not people joining just to get the super coupon card.  Thats just the way i do things though.

I agree with you 100% JFskiDan...I'd give them out to people who attended meetings, took part in summertime BBQs and helped plan the various ski trips...

• Like 1

Yes there is some risk this way. Ski clubs do get you eligible for other discounts too though. Like Windham usually offers a one time $30 lift ticket to any ski club member, so that pretty much pays for it right there. Cards become available in early November.

Probably going to do less skiing this year than previous years as I am on the verge of signing a deal to record a CD of my original material this winter, with a producer who has worked with John, George and Ringo, Clapton, Carly Simon, Garfunkel, etc. We already have a handshake, just negotiating the paper now. So a good chunk of my free time will be devoted to making the most of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Spent Sat night playing him my songs on the guitar George played at Concert for Bangla Desh.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Ski2Live do people still buy CDs? Go straight to SoundCloud. If I'm ever at one of your shows I'll either request Freebird or puff the magic dragon. At overnight camp we sang Puff the Jewish Dragon who lived in Palestine..

Be careful if your music producer answers the door in only a bathrob think about all of Harvey Weinsteins victims and don't be a snitch.

Not expecting to get rich selling cds or SoundCloud files. I am creating the best possible realization of an artistic vision I have been pursuing for 37 years. If we can get better gigs and maybe even a touch of fame as a result, that will be even more awesome. Odds are definitely against my recovering my expenses, but I gotta spend all the money I saved with skiing deals somehow.

Not expecting to get rich selling cds or SoundCloud files. I am creating the best possible realization of an artistic vision I have been pursuing for 37 years. If we can get better gigs and maybe even a touch of fame as a result, that will be even more awesome. Odds are definitely against my recovering my expenses, but I gotta spend all the money I saved with skiing deals somehow.

yolo.

• Like 2

swagger jacker lol

????

Way to get after it...you'll have to come to blue at least once on a weekend morning without the kids to ski with some PASRs..

• Like 1

A $600 United? Why not some European resort then? Flights are about the same, and skiing/lodging is cheaper.

Yeah airfare is $600ish..usually is $500ish one year was only like $420. It's a once a year expense to get me to my favorite ski mountain doesn't really matter to me if it was $800 I'd pay that.

Lodging at the 49er is around $80 per night and through central reservations lift tickets are $601 for 7 days or could buy tickets at the window first 6 days of trip for 40% off with season pass and and full price February 1st and would be $602 lol.

There are cheaper flights with connections out of philly and Newark but these flights are great times and direct. Anyway I go to Jackson hole every year in late January it's part of my annual schedule going back to 2005. I do want to ski in Europe sometime let me know where these $600 airfares go like the airline and route. I do want to ski in Europe.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich