Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

Shawnee's steepest trail is Renegade up top, but it is about 250' vertical I would guess. There are also somewhat steep trails at the bottom 250'. So if you aim a run right you can hit both but have a long pretty flat descent of 200' between.

And getting to Renegade requires using a slow lift and a little hiking (or a fast lift and a good bit more hiking).

Has some nice skiable tree areas when they get natural snow. Some of those areas are right off Delaware, which makes that change up more annoying.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Shawnee's steepest trail is Renegade up top, but it is about 250' vertical I would guess. There are also somewhat steep trails at the bottom 250'. So if you aim a run right you can hit both but have a long pretty flat descent of 200' between.

And getting to Renegade requires using a slow lift and a little hiking (or a fast lift and a good bit more hiking).

Has some nice skiable tree areas when they get natural snow. Some of those areas are right off Delaware, which makes that change up more annoying.

Renegade is in no way 250 vert. At least not the pitch itself. That's probably good for 2 or 3 turns.

Edited by RidgeRacer

Would you ski at Shawnee if your kids weren't along?

Maybe if there was fresh snow I would go to ski the trees if I had a ticket to use up. I think I have been there twice without kids and the first time was a over 25 years ago. Have been there with the kids many times.

Ski2Live lets carpool to Shawnee sometime!!!

Do you have any blog posts about Platekill? PASR is renting out Platty sometime and JLaw said he was tossing in $500

There are definitely some Platty reports in the other mountain thread from 4-5 years back...

Official Winter Kick-Off ---- Warren Miller Movie! This year's film is Line of Descent, presented by Volkswagen.  We're spreading the hype to central PA this year and hosting a showing at the Campus Theatre in Lewisburg.

Check it out: http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/campus-theatre-lewisburg

Didn't you already post that in its own thread?? Welcome to the site please introduce yourself.

Looks like solid nighttime snowmaking temps up in Central/Northern VT with a couple round the clock days added in. Killington was probably puckering their buttle, but with the 30 extra towers they added in this year on Superstar, I'm thinking that the course will be pretty close to finished come the end of this weekend. However, it will hurt their early season offering for the public. I can't see t2b skiing there after what they did last year with the same situation, albeit an earlier snowmaking window.

I fully expect that SR, BW, and potentially Mount Snow and Wildcat will all be t2b come Saturday AM. SR will probably do a soft opening for locals on Wednesday/Thursday afternoon with t2b on Saturday. They can open Barker pretty quickly nowadays.