Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

Still saying BB this weekend.

I like your enthusiasm, and i dont entirely disagree, but i dont like to set myself up for disappointment on a long shot.  I'm just not sure if they would do it with marginal temps next week.  

But.....they probably will have their hand close by on the start button, just in case someone like Camelback decides its time to make white stuff.  that would certainly force their hand.  that whole first to open thing......

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1

I like your enthusiasm, and i dont entirely disagree, but i dont like to set myself up for disappointment on a long shot.  I'm just not sure if they would do it with marginal temps next week.  

But.....they probably will have their hand close by on the start button, just in case someone like Camelback decides its time to make white stuff.  that would certainly force their hand.  that whole first to open thing......

You will be disappointed even if they do open. Lets be real, it is still BB.

• Like 1

I’ll be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday if Saturday is good.I’m grabbing my pass tomorrow at JF and will swing by B.B. and check to see if snow making operations have begun.

You off work tomorrow?? You are a true road warrior.

Its almost 2018 toast.

Livestream or it didnt happen

Do you ever do Facebook live or periscope or twitch?

So, who is gonna make snow tomorrow?  I think about 4-5 pm tomorrow, someplace in the Poconos could be making snow.  I think its either going to be 0 or 3.  like, all of them are just waiting for the others to make a move.  The lights were on at Blue last night for some reason.  

So, who is gonna make snow tomorrow?  I think about 4-5 pm tomorrow, someplace in the Poconos could be making snow.  I think its either going to be 0 or 3.  like, all of them are just waiting for the others to make a move.  The lights were on at Blue last night for some reason.

The lights were on at Blue last night because they wanted to make snow last night but the wet bulb temperature was too warm as it was moist.

If big Boulder wants to they can start blowing later tonight and go round the clock through late Saturday morning.

Blue can blow during that timeframe as well including tomorrow during the daytime if they want to. I hope they take advantage of it as there's no for real warm weather in the forecast and with short daylight hours and a low sun angel 36 hours with of snowmaking should stick around.

Just got my WNEP ski card in the mail. Although it is not listed on the website when you order the pass, montage is in fact on the pass, bringing to total to 8 lift tickets for $99. Great deal.

After I ordered mine I got an email saying that some cards went out with Montage on them but that is is NOT included and will not be honored at Montage.

I think Montage is making a mistake. It would get them exposure and most people would buy food or a beer when there.

• Like 1

So, who is gonna make snow tomorrow? I think about 4-5 pm tomorrow, someplace in the Poconos could be making snow. I think its either going to be 0 or 3. like, all of them are just waiting for the others to make a move. The lights were on at Blue last night for some reason.

They've moved the chairs and fire pits off of Vista today. They were on the grass last night. Sure seems like they want to put something down there!

• Like 2