Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

31 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i would argue blue is worse than the potential indoor place, cuase the indoor place will be like 100 yards long and 150 vertical.  blue is 1100 vertical with trails up to a mile long.  thats alot more time and momentum for potential accidents

Blue also has a silly amount of lift capacity. 

13 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

people in North Dakota and Kansas laugh at NJ

People in Kansas don't have a leg to stand on. How could you be proud of a flat square with no access to hills, the ocean or anything even remotely even exciting. Oh you farm? Cool, so does PA, NJ, NY, and DE. Talk to me when there is a single reason for me to want to go there. I'll wait....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

People in Kansas don't have a leg to stand on. How could you be proud of a flat square with no access to hills, the ocean or anything even remotely even exciting. Oh you farm? Cool, so does PA, NJ, NY, and DE. Talk to me when there is a single reason for me to want to go there. I'll wait....

tenor.gif

incoming rant...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Schif said:

Four words: Wizard of Oz museum.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Schif said:

Most people don’t care about hills or oceans. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

with all due respect, new jersey is a horrible fucking place.  even worse than Vermont and Florida.  people in North Dakota and Kansas laugh at NJ

Jersey has some really scenic areas that can make you question yourself (or forget) if you are still in NJ. They are nowhere near the shithole cities of Newark, Camden, Trenton, etc...

The high theft tax rate is fucking horrible though. It’s disorganized plunder with no limits.  There’s decent work here though, if you have marketable skills. 

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Disclaimer:  this is not an attack on anyone on this site.  Just my opinion on New Jersey (opinions are like assholes, everyone has one).  Also, i have lived in NJ so there is a little experience there as well.

Reasons why Kansas is better than NJ:

1.  NJ has statistically one of the most corrupt state police forces in America.  despite their claim of being a progressive haven, NJ has the second most marijuana arrests in all of America 

2.  There is not a single state in America with worse urban areas than NJ.  

3.  The Jersey shore is the second worst beaches in America after Delaware.  Hell, even the NYC beaches are significantly cleaner, have classier people, dont cost money,  have alot more diversity, have access to public transportation, and have significantly less syringes than New Jersey beaches.  Im the second trashiest person on this site, yet even I get disgusted at the thought of the Jersey shore.  You feel like you are in Walmart or Dollar General.  Also, Jersey shore government officials on the taxpayers dime think its okay to gang up and beat the shit out of innocent women on the beach.

4.  Chris Christie (yes, i know he's no longer governor and yes I know the Kansas governor sucks big time)

5.  Kansas didn't set this country back decades on public transportation infrastructure, but Jersey did.

6.  Toll roads everywhere

7.  Incredibly high taxes

8.  Zero identity what so ever.  North and central Jersey are NYC suburbs, south Jersey is a Philly suburb.  An entire state that literally leaches of off 2 major cities.

9.  Kansas is a cultural icon.  Everyone knows the Wizard of Oz.

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Disclaimer:  this is not an attack on anyone on this site.  Just my opinion on New Jersey (opinions are like assholes, everyone has one).  Also, i have lived in NJ so there is a little experience there as well.

Reasons why Kansas is better than NJ:

1.  NJ has statistically one of the most corrupt state police forces in America.  despite their claim of being a progressive haven, NJ has the second most marijuana arrests in all of America 

2.  There is not a single state in America with worse urban areas than NJ.  

3.  The Jersey shore is the second worst beaches in America after Delaware.  Hell, even the NYC beaches are significantly cleaner, have classier people, dont cost money,  have alot more diversity, have access to public transportation, and have significantly less syringes than New Jersey beaches.  Im the second trashiest person on this site, yet even I get disgusted at the thought of the Jersey shore.  You feel like you are in Walmart or Dollar General.  Also, Jersey shore government officials on the taxpayers dime think its okay to gang up and beat the shit out of innocent women on the beach.

4.  Chris Christie (yes, i know he's no longer governor and yes I know the Kansas governor sucks big time)

5.  Kansas didn't set this country back decades on public transportation infrastructure, but Jersey did.

6.  Toll roads everywhere

7.  Incredibly high taxes

8.  Zero identity what so ever.  North and central Jersey are NYC suburbs, south Jersey is a Philly suburb.  An entire state that literally leaches of off 2 major cities.

9.  Kansas is a cultural icon.  Everyone knows the Wizard of Oz.

lol you think Delaware beaches are worse than NJ? I didn't read anything else after that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Which beach in Delaware is nicer than Long Beach Island/Spray Beach?

Prime Hook, Cape Henlopen, Rehoboth/Dewey, Delaware Shore State Park, Gordon Pond. Oh, and Kitts is pretty cool too because Dover AFB is right there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Prime Hook, Cape Henlopen, Rehoboth/Dewey, Delaware Shore State Park, Gordon Pond. Oh, and Kitts is pretty cool too because Dover AFB is right there. 

Thanks. Never been to a beach in DE so now I have a list to choose from. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I hate it too.  You forgot to mention getting covered in sand and feeling like a god damn sugar cookie by the time you leave.  My wife loves the beach and I've learned to hate it less by taking up boogie boarding when I have to go.  

Ha! I enjoy the beach in moderation. I can't sit out there all day unless I'm in the shade. I don't like getting disgustingly sweaty and covered in sand and having everything I won covered in sand. I'm starting to get my wife to enjoy lakes and rivers as much as beaches, which is a huge win. Sometimes it is relaxing to hang on the beach in the evening just listening to the waves and enjoying a cold beverage. 

• Like 2