Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

• 3 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/UUfZtVxu_mM

anyone ever try skijoring ring with their dog?  I signed myself up for a clinic in January. Have a feeling I will be on my ass more than upright, but if I could actually teach him how to do it I think it would be so fun. Gotta get out on the xc skis before then to practice. 

On 7/5/2018 at 4:34 PM, Shadows said:

At what point do they get stupid though? 

An aluminum boat with an outbaord on a fresh water lake cant be that bad. 

When you add an engine, the monetary spiral begins. You keep wanting to go to a bigger and more powerful boat, and before you know it you are out of control.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zzslope said:

What river are you in there?

That is Cucumber Rapid on the Lower Yough in western PA. It's the perfect class III river: fun, interesting rapids, but almost everything is drop-pool so you only have to think about one rapid at a time and you have space to recover if it all goes wrong. 

13 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

That is Cucumber Rapid on the Lower Yough in western PA. It's the perfect class III river: fun, interesting rapids, but almost everything is drop-pool so you only have to think about one rapid at a time and you have space to recover if it all goes wrong. 

Looks like fun. Love canoeing. Never tried a C1 though. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Kyle you and Antman would get along.  He doesn’t wear a jacket either just an old eagles jersey. 

I wear a jacket if it’s below 10 degrees, other than that it’s too hot for me and the sweatshirt and long sleeve shirt suffice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

To each his own, I'm not preaching, but to attempt to slide rails with a concrete base, well...

Normally the times I’m not wearing a helmet is when I’m at bear creek with my two buddies on ski patrol while they’re on duty as we tend to just sit in the top shack or cruise around. 

Although that’s usually the time that something happens, when you’re just cruising around. I do need to buy a new helmet this year, just haven’t bit the bullet yet. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Normally the times I’m not wearing a helmet is when I’m at bear creek with my two buddies on ski patrol while they’re on duty as we tend to just sit in the top shack or cruise around. 

Although that’s usually the time that something happens, when you’re just cruising around. I do need to buy a new helmet this year, just haven’t bit the bullet yet. 

Not that it can't happen on skis, but I get the impression that falling while boarding has an increased chance of that whiplash head smack, especially if/when you catch a downhill heel-side edge.

• 4 years later...