Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

21 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I was wondering the same thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope. I'm a 29 year old dude from Hazleton. "Salty Ant" is a username I made up in the very early 2000's for online forum trolling. The name actually originated from playing the online game Microsoft Ants while eating salty french fries, hence the name Salty Ant. I decided to resurrect the name 17 years later. I have absolutely no relation to Sally.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Looks like last weekend was just a tease. Temperatures are still going to be in the mid to upper 40s for the next two weeks. :angry:

At least the newly released one-month projection map doesn't look too bad.

off14_temp.gif

Where are you looking at the forecast for??  Possible snowmaking at Blue Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. 

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where are you looking at the forecast for??  Possible snowmaking at Blue Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. 

Wunderground, which I think uses the same data as The Weather Channel.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USPA0698

That high of 49 on Tuesday is kind of a downer, but the lows all week starting this Sunday look pretty nice for some evening snowmaking. So I'll stay cautiously optimistic for some more openings within the next 2 weeks. I just hate skiing in mashed potatoes, so even if some places open I probably won't go unless the high temperatures are below 45 degrees. I was thinking about BB this Sunday, but I think it will be a slushy mess after all the rain tomorrow.

Edited by saltyant

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It has to be really warm for mashed potato conditions this time of year with the low sun angle.  Main Street at Blue is only in the sun 2-3 hours this time of year. Rain doesn't make things slushy..it makes the snow smooth and fast.  

Maybe I'm just being too picky about conditions... nothing compares to those pristine mornings of untracked, freshly made snow. Can't complain about mid-November snowmaking, regardless. I'm just impatient for the actual season to start.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Wunderground, which I think uses the same data as The Weather Channel.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USPA0698

That high of 49 on Tuesday is kind of a downer, but the lows all week starting this Sunday look pretty nice for some evening snowmaking. So I'll stay cautiously optimistic for some more openings within the next 2 weeks. I just hate skiing in mashed potatoes, so even if some places open I probably won't go unless the high temperatures are below 45 degrees. I was thinking about BB this Sunday, but I think it will be a slushy mess after all the rain tomorrow.

Weather Channel owns Wunderground, so it may as well be called "weather Channel lite".  

Stowe was good. Almost felt like Blue by noon on Saturday. Pretty foggy on top, 28'. So, I misread the Epic Local Pass (balls feel like a speed bag the past 3 weeks). It's good for 10 Stowe non blackout days. A good deal compared to 131/day. I upgraded for another 220 for the full pass. Still worth it.

IMG_5603.jpg

IMG_5604_2.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

• Like 4