Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

Hard to believe that Killington could be open a month from now. Temperatures aren't trending that way as quickly as they should, but that can change week to week. I heard that the leaves are really popping. Peak leaf season will come early this year with all the rain and relatively chilly summer weather.

• Like 1

Thanks for the leaf update RideDE

Ive really lost touch with the Leaf Peepers Association of America over the past few years, but due to my extensive field research early in my career, they offered me a lifetime membership and I still get insider info from my friends at the regional office.
  • Like 3

Hoping to take advantage of the fact that 5th graders ski free program in CO is not blacked out over winter break. And that I have enough Frontier miles for 2.5 round trips.

Had been planning on waiting til they were more advanced for CO, but this deal could be too hard to pass up. Plus they are kind of Been There Done That on New England after making it to Snow, Bromley and Bush last year. Will have to find a sitter for one day they are out there so I can do some real skiing too

Also thinking of heading there myself the weekend before turkey.

May not make for my most affordable per day season ever, but I sent my last Alimony payment a few weeks ago which frees up the Ski budget a bit.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

Congrats on being free of alimony payments. In Colorado an option would be to put your girls in ski school for some of the trip to allow you to ski independently or go with another family and take turns with the kids.

Do you use a frontier credit card? I almost have enough United miles for two round trip domestic flights or one roundtrip to Europe.

• Like 1

tent sale season is upon us! here are a couple upcoming of which I am aware. please feel free to add to this list.

buckmans:  10/11 thru 10-14 and 11/8 thru 11/11 (see https://www.buckmans.com/buckmans-ski-snowboard/Buckmans-Tent-Sale.aspx for consignment drop-off dates and locations)

alpina/940 boards: 10/6 thru 10/8

• Like 2

Wow 17" at Loveland and Abasin. May consider starting the Skison first week of Nov if they can put that to good use and build on it. Spirit offering flights then for 5000 miles.

Is that each way??

Sadly long range for Colorado is warmer but cold enough at night for snowmaking at abasin and Loveland. Probably be a white ribbon of death at both areas by late October.

La nina winter. Epic!!! Everybody gets snow!!!!

tent sale season is upon us! here are a couple upcoming of which I am aware. please feel free to add to this list.

buckmans: 10/11 thru 10-14 and 11/8 thru 11/11 (see https://www.buckmans.com/buckmans-ski-snowboard/Buckmans-Tent-Sale.aspx for consignment drop-off dates and locations)

alpina/940 boards: 10/6 thru 10/8

I went to blues tent sale last year. I would put it on the recommend list. I kinda forget when it was last year though.

• Like 2