Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

so, to take the apres ski activities one step further at Blue, since they have no problem with tailgating.  Do you think it crosses the line to put up our own small shed, you know, keep a grill in there, small generator and some coffee making apparatus type stuff maybe?  Maybe occasionally make our own waffles since the god damn waffle house is never open when i am there?  Keep some folding chairs in it?  

so, to take the apres ski activities one step further at Blue, since they have no problem with tailgating.  Do you think it crosses the line to put up our own small shed, you know, keep a grill in there, small generator and some coffee making apparatus type stuff maybe?  Maybe occasionally make our own waffles since the god damn waffle house is never open when i am there?  Keep some folding chairs in it?  

I'd love to have a morning coffee in that lot.

• Like 1

I'd love to have a morning coffee in that lot.

I'm going to have to do some experimenting with a one shot Kerig, and an inverter.  I have one on my truck, but im positive that one wont work.  Or a really tiny generator.  

10 weekend days at the current $599 price.

Dont neglect the whole convenience factor.  Dollar wise, you are correct, but as i have stated before, and i think alot of other people agree, but i will always pay more for the convenience of something.  

• Like 1

Also the factor that if you have a season pass you go skiing a lot more as there's no need to cherry pick your days.

You can rent an outdoor locker and keep stuff like that in there.

How many times do you guys think it takes to go to blue to make a pass worth it? 

Note, I'll have like an hours drive up there which is a negative in terms of me considering a pass. 

Do it.  Just do it.  Stop over analyzing it.  If i didnt buy a season pass, i would have such a hard time showing up and shelling out $60 bucks each time.  it would probably keep me away actually.  Keep in mind, the majority of us bought our passes for i think $449 last March.  

Also the factor that if you have a season pass you go skiing a lot more as there's no need to cherry pick your days.

You can rent an outdoor locker and keep stuff like that in there.

True, but thats like 200' away.  i want to like open this thing up, fire up the grill, make some coffee, maybe store some illegal fireworks, etc. 

I'm on the fence, for the $449 its a no brainer but I had no idea I would be living anywhere near blue. I guess the thing that's holding me back is the fact that it'll mean an hour and 15 minutes up and the same back so that would make me think twice about running up there all the time. I'm used to Montage where I would run over after work for 2 hours and then drive 10 minutes home. 

$600 gets you about 10 PS&R cards for 10 days each at Frost, Shawnee, CB and Blue. So Blue pass only worth it if you want to ski in PA more than 40 days and do Blue every time

What if you want to ski blue more than 10 times and don't care for the other areas? Most of the blue season pass holders I know would get bored with more than a day or two at frost, Shawnee or CB. I know after my first run at frost I'm like please take me back to blue

Rqhfvi.gif

I'm laughing so hard..thanks for that..you're awesome..your friend Sexkitten

Ski2Live are there any blackout dates on the PS&R pass?? Don't you have to join a ski club to get one?

I'm on the fence, for the $449 its a no brainer but I had no idea I would be living anywhere near blue. I guess the thing that's holding me back is the fact that it'll mean an hour and 15 minutes up and the same back so that would make me think twice about running up there all the time. I'm used to Montage where I would run over after work for 2 hours and then drive 10 minutes home. 

i will let road warrior #1 (Jlaw), and road warrior #2 (NMSKI) chime in on this as those guys rack up the miles.  

i will let road warrior #1 (Jlaw), and road warrior #2 (NMSKI) chime in on this as those guys rack up the miles.

JLaw racks up 3 times as many trips as me probably, but for me, I ride 1.5 hours each way and it’s totally worth it. Typical Saturday: wake at 5:30, take a quick dump and eat some cereal, in car at 6, pull in to lot at 7:30, 1st or 2nd chair at 8, ski till 10:30 or 11, beers and laughs in lot, home by 2 or 2:30, still get to be a dad and a husband the rest of day. I’ll ski from open to last chair out west, but efficient ski days at blue are key. Bang out 10 plus laps off the six pack before crowds get bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get them through the Princeton ski club so add $50 to join a a ski club to buy as many as you want.

Usually blacked out through winter break so you need to find other deals through then. But I tend to find PA skiing rarely great in Dec in recent years.

If you find the PA Mtns other than Blue bore you, it is not for you. I find going to the same place every time a lot more boring than switching it up between the 4.

Frost is best when there is enough coverage to ski the trees,

CB is best at times Blue will be crowded (most of the time) - as it has some lifts that don't get the big lines, and is best in sketchy driving conditions as very close to highway

Shawnee is best when I have kids with me,

Blue is best on weekdays or early morning

Montage, not on the card but deals always available it seems, is the very best when others will get too crowded if one has time to go there and has best terrain in PA to my taste.

Usually blacked out through winter break so you need to find other deals through then. But I tend to find PA skiing rarely great in Dec in recent years.

Yeah, this day sucked......https://www.paskiandride.com/forums/topic/18984-montagna-blu-12-27/

And this day was fucking horrible too......https://www.paskiandride.com/forums/topic/18989-1229-snowing/

• Like 2