Unlimited rentals package at Blue.

Now Bpue mountain is offering an unlimited rentals package for $120. Weeks like a good deal for kids who might grow a shoe size during the ski season or maybe someone like Ski2Live who factors in daily ski equipment depreciation into every visit. With rentals at $40 a day break even is 3 days. They are also selling 3 packs of tickets for I believe $89 they've done away with the 6 packs. post-512-0-01459800-1507147841_thumb.png

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

"Leave at mountain". Im gonna bet you get in line each time for your rental skis as well. Still not a bad deal if waiting in line is your thing. Its not mine. I will always pay for convienence. Now, if they rented some really interesting skis, rather than the most basic mass produced ski, that might be interesting.

• Like 1

Now, if they rented some really interesting skis, rather than the most basic mass produced ski, that might be interesting.

im assuming blue buys their rental equipment used from mountains out west who are done with it.  all the rental gear at camelback has "Mammoth Mountain Ski School"  carved into them lol

"Leave at mountain". Im gonna bet you get in line each time for your rental skis as well. Still not a bad deal if waiting in line is your thing. Its not mine. I will always pay for convienence. Now, if they rented some really interesting skis, rather than the most basic mass produced ski, that might be interesting.

The do have pretty interesting selection of demo skis. I think last year I tried the Head Super Shapes, Monster 88, Elan Ripstik, some sort of giant Armada twin-tip just for fun, ...I forget what else.  I think JD said they'll have Nordica skis this year.  You get 3 for $60 and can ski as much as you want on each. Camelback has the same deal, just different brands: Volkl, Line, and Atomic were the ones I remember. Worth it if you have $60 to play with--I enjoy demoing--, or you're seriously considering one or two skis in the lineup. 

• Like 1

That's a clever idea.  Lock in the families to your mountain....

We've always rented locally for our kids and still do for our youngest.  It's similar price - $140 a season i think.  But they give you a killer coupon book with it - typically has a free child's ticket with purchase of adult full price ticket for every mountain in the Pokes and catskills - but just one coupon per mountain.  So, use three coupons and the rentals are paid for.  

I think JD said they'll have Nordica skis this year.  

oh thats interesting.  i need to call them about that.  

And for the $120, i cant see how they are renting you a pair of skis that only you ski on, like they just keep them propped up in the corner waiting for you to come get them.  like tnt said, its a great way to lock someone into skiing primarily Blue.  

Edited by JFskiDan

It's a great deal for both blue mountain and the consumer. At JFDan said they aren't your skis for the season, everytime you go to Blue they give you a set of rentals and the 90% of the time you aren't there those rentals are used by others. It's also good for Blue because they get upfront money and surely some who sign up for the season long rentals won't end up skiing much or they'll end up buying more tickets at Blue to get their money's worth.

• Like 1

That's a fun ski, real hootenanny, not the 103i from years ago but it's slightly softer brethren. Love those drive drive drive drive skis

I actually didn't care for any of the skis I demoed at Blue, and I suspect it's because their shop detuned them to the point of leaving very underwhelming edge grip. I ended up buying the Volkl RTM 84, which I demoed at CBK, and every single ski I tried there was razor-sharp. 

Not a good deal for me as my kids get $99 season rentals at Ski Barn and can use them anywhere and don't have to pick them up and drop them off daily. If they grow, they switch them out too. Plus they come with books good for lift discounts

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a good deal for me as my kids get $99 season rentals at Ski Barn and can use them anywhere and don't have to pick them up and drop them off daily. If they grow, they switch them out too. Plus they come with books good for lift discounts

Was just about to say this.

One of the advantages of not renting in blue is waiting in that god awful line.

In either case, I don't see the appeal of paying $130 to rent, unless you really abuse your equipment and ski more than once a week.

But, if you do ski more than once a week, you likely have your own choice of equipment anyway.

Then the choice is... pay Blue $130 for beat up equipment hundreds of people used before you, or spend $250 (for kids) or $350 for adults for very good new last years or older stock from a number of online stores?

Then, you can still sell it and recoup most of your money back.

Was just about to say this.

One of the advantages of not renting in blue is waiting in that god awful line.

In either case, I don't see the appeal of paying $130 to rent, unless you really abuse your equipment and ski more than once a week.

But, if you do ski more than once a week, you likely have your own choice of equipment anyway.

Then the choice is... pay Blue $130 for beat up equipment hundreds of people used before you, or spend $250 (for kids) or $350 for adults for very good new last years or older stock from a number of online stores?

Then, you can still sell it and recoup most of your money back.

You can get a whole set up with boots, bindings, poles and skis for $250 for kids and $350 for adults?

You can get a whole set up with boots, bindings, poles and skis for $250 for kids and $350 for adults?

Aha.

Just priced out for daughter.  $60 for last year's dalbello boots, and $190 for skis/bindings.

Level9Sports and Evo.  Plenty of awesome deals if you look.  All new.

Better yet, here is a complete package for $180.

https://www.levelninesports.com/defiance-trio-girl-s-complete-ski-package-2017

Edited by Maksim

Aha.

Just priced out for daughter.  $60 for last year's dalbello boots, and $190 for skis/bindings.

Level9Sports and Evo.  Plenty of awesome deals if you look.  All new.

Better yet, here is a complete package for $180.

https://www.levelninesports.com/defiance-trio-girl-s-complete-ski-package-2017

Nice thanks for the link. I've got good deals online before. The most I've paid for skis is maybe $420

Nice thanks for the link. I've got good deals online before. The most I've paid for skis is maybe $420

NP.  Browse the site, some really awesome deals.

You can get 2 year old skis on there, still new of course, $250 or so for $800 skis.

I bought my last pair that way, $250 for nice new Atomic Nomads with bindings and all, 1 year old model, new were like $650 or so.

Just this year bought new helmet for daughter, a new Giro, also half priced.  From Level9.  quick shipping, were awesome.

For ski stuff, like googles/helmets/gloves there is Dvor.com, it is the deals site for opticsplanet.com