Tent sales

JFskiDan

I cant find where Guitar put the other dates for tent sales, so in its own thread it will go.  Blues is the last weekend in October. Some firm dates here, rather than Toasts very broad and unspecific "its in the fall".  

https://www.facebook.com/SkiBlueMt/photos/gm.349549208833777/10155927075132871/?type=3&theater

I think i will probably go, went last year and they had a lot of stuff, and also a huge crowd.  Get there for first register.  

Make sure you get all your powder gear tuned up and stuff.  La nina year.  everybody gets snow!!!!!

• Like 2

Just dropped off some old stuff to consign at the buckmans in Exton (formerly wicks). I’m trying to rack up the gift cards so I can get a pair of new goggles this year and maybe some other odds and ends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Remember, if you drop stuff off at Buckmans and it sells you get store credit, not cash. 

I think thats about true for everywhere.  i think i read at 940 snowboards it was 90% value of what it sold for in credit.  

Drove by Buckmans in whitehall on Friday night. They had a tent set up in the parking lot. According to their site theirs starts this Wednesday October 11th-14th. They also have another November 8th-11th.

https://www.buckmans.com/buckmans-ski-snowboard/Buckmans-Tent-Sale.aspx

I think i have something to do in KOP on Wednesday at about 10 am.  or, at least i am going to make it appear as though i have something to do in KOP at 10 am on Wednesday.  

• Like 2

thanks JFskiDan for starting a separate thread.  I was too lazy, lol.  here is the link to my OP.

https://www.paskiandride.com/forums/topic/19230-ski-season-17-18-thread/page-5

I'm headed down to KOP buckmans this afternoon to drop off some fleece pullovers.  I was at alpina's sale on sunday and it was crazy busy. 

The skis you were trying to sell here? How much did you get for them? Were there many people there? In the nestors days people would line up for an hour before the tent sale.

Different skis, the Soul Riders sold on Ebay and a pair of ON3P twin tips sold at Buckmans. I went a little bonkers when I first started back skiing and bought a couple things I didn't end up using. Live and learn. I still love demo-ing because I can't get over how amazing skis are now compared to 30 years ago. Don't need to do any more purchasing for a long while, though. 

Different skis, the Soul Riders sold on Ebay and a pair of ON3P twin tips sold at Buckmans. I went a little bonkers when I first started back skiing and bought a couple things I didn't end up using. Live and learn. I still love demo-ing because I can't get over how amazing skis are now compared to 30 years ago. Don't need to do any more purchasing for a long while, though.

Wow you love gear. I actually haven't bought new skis in four years. I'm long overdue. At one point I had 8 pairs of skis some going back a decade + but when I moved two years ago I threw them all out except my mantras and shirts since I didn't use any of the others anymore.

Wow you love gear. I actually haven't bought new skis in four years. I'm long overdue. At one point I had 8 pairs of skis some going back a decade + but when I moved two years ago I threw them all out except my mantras and shirts since I didn't use any of the others anymore.

I had a little financial midlife crisis over the past couple of years. I never did any expensive sports or anything until I started MTB and skiing recently, and I was like "Fuck it, I'm old and don't have much time left to enjoy this, I'm getting nice stuff!!" And so I did. But now I don't need any more stuff, just time to enjoy it. 

• Like 2

I had a little financial midlife crisis over the past couple of years. I never did any expensive sports or anything until I started MTB and skiing recently, and I was like "Fuck it, I'm old and don't have much time left to enjoy this, I'm getting nice stuff!!" And so I did. But now I don't need any more stuff, just time to enjoy it.

Gotcha...most of my disposable income goes to ski trips out west, local bars and restaurants. I'm sort of averse to shopping. I had the same gloves for like 7-8 years and finally got a new pair in Jackson hole two years ago which are already falling apart. I've had two pairs of ski pants in the last 11 years..also same helmet last 12 years that every year I swear I'll replace..get a new jacket about every four years, new goggles most years sometimes two pairs..boots about every 3-4'years..socks every year and under armor every year except my one gray upper body one I've had the better part of a decade. Purple polo I wear most ski days as a mid layer still going strong after four years..a little faded and some grease stains.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll send you the blueprints for the footprint that it will require. Maybe we can get Jeff to sponsor some money from PASR to expand the pad and give us a nice patio pad.

That would be a nice add-on.  That parking lot is such a mess when it gets wet....if the floors in the PASR ski shack look anything like the floor mats in my truck i will be somewhat dissapointed.  

That would be a nice add-on.  That parking lot is such a mess when it gets wet....if the floors in the PASR ski shack look anything like the floor mats in my truck i will be somewhat dissapointed.  

Yeah exactly. Thats where the patio comes into play. Maybe we can just hook up some propane heat lamps from the tank that we will be using to supply the grilling surface? Let me know your thoughts and I can modify the design a bit.

Yeah exactly. Thats where the patio comes into play. Maybe we can just hook up some propane heat lamps from the tank that we will be using to supply the grilling surface? Let me know your thoughts and I can modify the design a bit.

Do that, but keep in mind then we will most likely need to upgrade the propane tanks, and regulator sizing may change.  I doubt this will be of any consequence to the permits, but i dont want to compromise my waffles being hot and toasty for some heat lamps.    

Do that, but keep in mind then we will most likely need to upgrade the propane tanks, and regulator sizing may change.  I doubt this will be of any consequence to the permits, but i dont want to compromise my waffles being hot and toasty for some heat lamps.    

Why not just run a natural gas line? It should be pretty easy to trench through that parking lot. 

• Like 1