Tent sales

JFskiDan

As long as your cool with just a basic grind they do a good job and are quick. Nice to take a pair of skis back to base and then tune from there.

True;  I got a brand new pair last year that turned out to have really concave bases and skied like shit. Quick base grind on the Montana fixed them right up. Then I got to wax them a bunch, which is Zen-like except better because it  involves beer and podcasts, so win-win-win. 

• Like 3

Dropped the skis off at Blue for a tune yesterday when I had to go up to convert the last of my gift certs to cards. Full tune is $50 but they're having a pre-season special for $40. Can't double dip with the season pass discount, so it's really $40 vs $45.

The dude mentioned that they had a good backlog of work to do, so good for them. He put a date of 11/20 on my ticket, but said they'd call if they get them done sooner. He did ask if I needed them for an early season trip, implying they could work them in if so. I said I was hoping to use them there before Thanksgiving and we both laughed and laughed.

• Like 2

I took mine to the Loft near CBK. I had one full binding mount and two adjustments. They told me Nov. 12. 

$38.99 for a full tune, btw, and $55 for a binding mount. $25 for an adjustment and release test. 

i havent had skis mounted in a while; they would really mount skis and not adjust/test them if you didnt pay an extra 25$?

i havent had skis mounted in a while; they would really mount skis and not adjust/test them if you didnt pay an extra 25$?

No, sorry, I was unclear: the mounting includes adjustment and testing.

But I also had skis that just needed an adjustment because the bindings were set for a different pair of boots, so that's the $25.

Are those the skis you bought in California?

Yeah, they needed to be tightened down b/c they weren't mounted properly the first time. I should have just bought myself a pozi screwdriver I guess.