New groomer

indiggio

400 parkpro is about 200k list price, really nice range of motion in the front and rear attachments....should be a nice addition to the group.

My guess is the logic is a new groomer is in the long range cheaper, has less risk as it only marginally adds to expense and benefits the whole mtn were as 600ft of new trail doesn't.

Energy costs are the second highest expense at Blue type resorts and 70-80% of that is on snowmaking, pumping water uphill is expensive so I'd guess you won't get investment in getting the new trail up to par until they have a good season. During the week the place is mostly empty, in my experience it's only full thurs (sort of) and Friday night and sat/sun morning afternoons.

Most of this is bs fluff but there are some nuggets about the $ situation - http://emsenv.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Blue-Mountain-Case-Study.pdf?__hssc=256830548.33.1472043258624&__hstc=256830548.405064ff4dfdcfdd9590a6b43c18f605.1459786993079.1471980468020.1472043258624.236&__hsfp=2227798652&hsCtaTracking=bd081b4f-04f4-43b7-91ef-57b56fdd0075%7Ca8b9098f-73a6-4289-adae-74b06bf806e0

• Like 2

During the week the place is mostly empty, in my experience it's only full thurs (sort of) and Friday night and sat/sun morning afternoons.

Got that right. I took a mid-week personal day last year and went to Blue. From 8 to about 3 it was a magical land full of nothing but old people who were great skiers and incredibly nice and fun to talk to. It was like an elderly Narnia. 

• Like 4

Got that right. I took a mid-week personal day last year and went to Blue. From 8 to about 3 it was a magical land full of nothing but old people who were great skiers and incredibly nice and fun to talk to. It was like an elderly Narnia.

Yup except they don't open until 830am during the week. I tend to like taking off thursdays and then can party rock Wednesday night for karaoke, sleep in and then go to Blue. Unless it's a pow day during the week I don't even need to be there for first chair

You always post a book reference lol

Remember when Johnny style won a ride in a groomer???

yea but they already have the equipment to do it themselves so can only write off labor?

so a new groomer is an extra 200k+ write off

They can write off the labor and depreciation on the equipment used. As for write offs on the groomer it would actually be a write off of the depreciation so if the $200,000 groomer depreciates 20% the first year they can write off $40,000 of their net income to balance out the depreciation expense.

• Like 1

you can only write off depreciation? didnt know that.

like Im about to buy 7K worth of tools if this job goes through; I cant just write off 7k?

Im hoping to not show a profit this year lol

I'd speak to an accountant about your specific situation but the tools would likely have a useful life of about five years so therefore you would write off 20% of the purchase price of the tools every year for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

Youve help me a lot for sure.

Just like...If i was your parent id be super disapointed lol

My parents think It's awesome and I continue to save money. They stay at the Hyatt place in Bethlehem when they visit allentown and charge it to the company. Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich