PennDOT Cameras - How to tell if it's snowing across PA

Old Geezer

There are whatever webcams at your favorite ski hill.  If the cameras are off line for the season, like they are now, then look at the PennDot system of road camera feeds:

http://www.511pa.com/Cameras.aspx

For example, one weather service is showing widespread snow across northern and northeastern PA. Yet the PenNDOT cam at I-81 Lenoxville exit is showing overcast, wet roadways, and no rain or snow falling.

You're welcome!

Edited by Old Geezer
  • Like 5

Most snow melted overnight, elevation definitely plays a role

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just nowd9a7b0422e3a42c7a0dd7d33f9145740.jpg

Rummy for those who live in western schuylkill county where do you go if you want some nightlife? Harrisburg?

Yerr kidding right? The local gun club...

(I kid you not [emoji16])

• Like 6

Rummy are you near Valley view? We work with a funeral home out there..makes me appreciate Allentown

Bingo!

Makes me like VV. You can have all that traffic, etc. We understand it takes 30 minutes to get anywhere from here, but that 30 minutes probably won't include a single traffic light.

Edited by rummy
  • Like 2

i thought it was bad my parents lived 10 minutes from a wawa, yet people here have 30 min drives to the store.  i dont know how ya'll do it.  what if you need a quesadilla or pack of cigarettes at midnight?  you gonna hop in the car and drive 30 minutes?  it pisses me off i have a 3 minute drive to mcdonalds and wawa, that stuff should be in walking distance 

How far away is the closest target?

Crazy that I guessed valley view from the landscape

They have 4 or 5 permanent blue rock traps in front of the club house. A skeet course of about 20 stations built in the surrounding woodland. They also have an archery animal target course in the woods.

They sponsor a polar bear plunge every New Years day in the neighboring creek. Free pork and sauerkraut to the participants,following the plunge.

They also raise trout fingerlings, provided by the fish commission, which they release into both of the trout streams that run through our Valley.

AND sponsor many fund raisers benefiting the youth organizations of The Valley. Plus they make the best fried mackerel (and traditional stuff) breakfast every 2nd Sunday of the month.

GSS you're either a Psycho or Psychic....

Want to start a poll?

WHEW.....

• Like 2

Oh boy, I thought you were talking about the gun club then I read the other posts......Duh....

Ok, I can get to a McDonald's in 25 - 30 minutes going either ENE or W from VV. Mexican restaurant about 30 minutes in several directions. I think the closest Target store is Reading 55 minutes away.

We do have a Redners Market and Top Star convenience store for cigs etc (both close at 10:00 most nights).

Restaurants are pretty well non-existent but there's a good Chinese in town, a decent pizza joint or two plus, ....many....church suppers on Saturday nights. ;-)

In Hegins, there was a country restaurant at the main intersection of the road going up over the mountain and the highway through the village. That used to be a meeting point, show up for breakfast and go about the days work, circa late 70s, early 80s.

In Hegins, there was a country restaurant at the main intersection of the road going up over the mountain and the highway through the village. That used to be a meeting point, show up for breakfast and go about the days work, circa late 70s, early 80s.

Wow just wow

You know you're in the country when you call dinner, supper. Skifreak used to do that lol

Still there Elsie' s restaurant. Probably the same "decor" too Old Geezer.

What brought you through the Valley then?

Still there Elsie' s restaurant. Probably the same "decor" too Old Geezer.

What brought you through the Valley then?

Did some work in the abandoned mine lands over the mountain. Used to meet various folks in that place in the mornings, work crews, local officials, etc.

Everyone knew everyone else. After one or two times it was like you've part of the community.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...