BC Still Sucks

First Grade Teacher

5 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:
16 hours ago, saltyant said:
Forget BC. Spring Mountain is where the gnar is at. Two mountains chock full of trails, and you can even cross over to another mountain without needing a lift. The main slope might look like one big trail, but rest assured, there are 3 trails there. The piste map says so.

Savagery

Not hatin on the big Spring Mt. Im glad its there but its a little sad that I'll be skiing there for 5 weekdays while working in suburban Philly. BC is too far to drive. :(

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Not hatin on the big Spring Mt. Im glad its there but its a little sad that I'll be skiing there for 5 weekdays while working in suburban Philly. BC is too far to drive. :(

we used to do nite skiing at bc. I'd pick up tinymoose at the ft Washington train station and be at bc in 50 mins.  now, we do the adult racing clinic at blue mtn (Thursday nite this season).....a bit further, but we can work from home those days and get an early start to the drive up. it's all about how much you really want to get on the snow.

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

JohnnyLaw lives in Reading, works in Conshie, and skis at Blue at night.  Everyone else needs to quit their bitching...except when Airport Road gets backed up and it takes me 30 minutes to get the BMDI :ph34r:

That's pretty crazy. I've always just hit up Spring Mountain because it's only 41 minutes; Bear Creek is 64 minutes, and Blue is 85 minutes. However, I would actually have 16 more minutes to ski at Blue than Spring Mountain, and the runs are probably a couple seconds longer. So I'll have to reconsider Blue as an option those 5 weeks. It's just rough getting back to the hotel around midnight after a long, rigorous day of work.