BC Still Sucks

First Grade Teacher

Thanks for the info. Last year, I went to Elk on the Friday after the March superblizzard. The crowds weren't bad at all until around 11-12 pm. Then a line formed at the main lift near the lodge, so I moved over to the other lift and it was pretty empty most of the afternoon. The lines were never terribly long, and they moved pretty fast. It seemed that most people knew how to get on and off the lift, so stops were very minimal - compared to Camelback, where you'll average 3 stops per ride.

I may try going to Elk on a Sunday, since I'm stingy about using vacation time. Camelback turns into an absolute zoo on Saturdays and Sunday, and you'll easily have at least 100 people in both high-speed quad lines most of the day. I would never pay $67 for a weekend lift ticket to stand in that cluster, but I tolerate it since I have a season pass and a lot of time to kill.

Edited by saltyant

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Sunday night special is a pretty good deal at $25 from 4-9 too.

Thanks. I'm looking at Mon-Thurs because I'm in suburban Philly and looking at discounted lift tickets for night skiing the next 4 weeks. My options are Spring, Bear Creek and Blue. Blue's obviously superior but it's a damn long drive for me - 1 hour 20 out, 1 hour 26 back. Yikes!

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. I'm looking at Mon-Thurs because I'm in suburban Philly and looking at discounted lift tickets for night skiing the next 4 weeks. My options are Spring, Bear Creek and Blue. Blue's obviously superior but it's a damn long drive for me - 1 hour 20 out, 1 hour 26 back. Yikes!

Yeah, that's rough. Spring would be the closest, probably by far. It's pretty convenient off of the extension too. Not sure when they'll open. What part of suburban Philthy?

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, that's rough. Spring would be the closest, probably by far. It's pretty convenient off of the extension too. Not sure when they'll open. What part of suburban Philthy?

Warminster. In January for 3 weeks I'll be 20 minutes away from Seven Springs and it's going to be awesome.

28 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Blue is 6 minutes different on the way back.  That's not even that long.  Can still ski like 4 hours. 

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Warminster. In January for 3 weeks I'll be 20 minutes away from Seven Springs and it's going to be awesome.

I'll try and dig up Toasts epic report from Seven Springs I think around 2011-12 he hit it on a pow day and even cooler is you can buy lift ticket on the way in from a little hut without leaving your car. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is 6 minutes different on the way back.  That's not even that long.  Can still ski like 4 hours. 

True. Spring Mountain is just sad, and Bear Creek is only open until 9 (confirmed via FB). I'll continue to do thorough analysis and determine if I should go to Blue.

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'll try and dig up Toasts epic report from Seven Springs I think around 2011-12 he hit it on a pow day and even cooler is you can buy lift ticket on the way in from a little hut without leaving your car. 

Nice. I'm excited, I've never been there. Thursdays they're open until 10 so I'll get 5 hours of solid night skiing.