Black Friday opening

theprogram4

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I don't understand what 40 years marks. There has been a ski resort there more than 40 years and it has been called Blue less than 40, as it was still Little Gap when I first went there in the early 80s

Little gap opened in 1977. It's the same area as Blue Mountain. If I changed my name to Leroy I'd still be 38 years old, I wouldn't start over in age. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Because three articles posted to this thread, including 2 posted to prove me wrong, state it was either in the 60s or in 1975 and it seems no evidence at all that the website of the place proclaiming this their 40th anniversary states that is the case.

I don't care at all when the anniversary is, just trying to sort out facts from misinformation.

I do care what the price crowds and trail list will be this Saturday

If you don't care when the anniversary is then why did you post this...

"I don't understand what 40 years marks. There has been a ski resort there more than 40 years and it has been called Blue less than 40, as it was still Little Gap when I first went there in the early 80's"

Word is they're charging full price on Saturday with park features everywhere!!
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Because three articles posted to this thread, including 2 posted to prove me wrong, state it was either in the 60s or in 1975 and it seems no evidence at all that the website of the place proclaiming this their 40th anniversary states that is the case.

I don't care at all when the anniversary is, just trying to sort out facts from misinformation.

I do care what the price crowds and trail list will be this Saturday

It's November and there will likely be skiing this weekend at the best ski area around.  See you standing by the rope at 750am. Maybe you can trade some juice bags for somebodies buddy pass.  

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Fyi - in one article that i read, unrelated to when they first opened, said 8:30 opening on Friday.  Now, of course whether or not that is true, is now up for discussion.  

Nah I will just rely on the three articles above saying 8:30 is not the time til I see an 8:30 article announcing their opening time.

Don't mistake commenting on an inconsistency on an Internet forum for caring about it. Clearly they want to market this as the 40th anniversary cause they think it will make them more money and further lengthen the worst lift lines in NEPA. Woohoo.

Right. How dare they celebrate a milestone. Hopefully the lines are one person shorter with you counting your pennies and critiquing articles at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Don't mistake commenting on an inconsistency on an Internet forum for caring about it. Clearly they want to market this as the 40th anniversary cause they think it will make them more money and further lengthen the worst lift lines in NEPA. Woohoo.

Youre such a fucking hater. It really is their 40th anniversary.  Most days at Blue mountain there are no lifelines or very short lines.  When you show up at the crack of 10 on a mid winter weekend what do you expect?  Drive an extra hour to Sno mountain and ride the slow lifts that only go halfway up the mountain if you don't want lifelines. 

• Like 2

So what if they're marketing it to make money. They're a business. That's what businesses do. And BTW I didn't pay more. I paid less this year on a pass because of the 40 year thing.

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
33 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:
In the mid nineties i forgot my jacket one morning and bought a hoodie that says est. 1977 so it must be so -  i think i'm gonna break it out friday for the celebration!

That will not suffice. "I am the Walrus" requested the 1977 date in the form of print media only. Try again sir!

goo goo ga joob.

• Like 2