Camelback Snowtubing Report - 11/24/2017

saltyant

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Puerto Rican’s are really good at breeding.

the white trash in scranton are just as good at breeding.  to this day i joke with my family that scranton is the bronx but with white people.

i was the only person who didnt have multiple children from different partners by age 20.  also the only person who didnt have an ACCESS card

Just now, saltyant said:

I always thought the term thug applies to rascalous activity regardless of race. My friend and I made a music video in 2010 to the hoodlum song We Fly High when we were gangster. I'm debating posting it on here for the lols.

now a days thug is considered a racist term.  weird, cause the people who say that also listen to music by Young Thug and Slim Thug

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I always thought the term thug applies to rascalous activity regardless of race. My friend and I made a music video in 2010 to the hoodlum song We Fly High when we were gangster. I'm debating posting it on here for the lols.

Wow Jim Jones. TP4 loves that.  Salty you’re alright 

• Thanks 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

to be fair, id rather live in scranton or wilkes barre than places 30-40 minutes outside of them such as Hamlin, Lake Ariel, and Moscow.  The fact that the convenience store in Hamlin closes at 10:30 blows my mind to this day.  

The one across the street from my local bar closes at 11pm Top Star Express

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Anyone with a modicum of common sense and at least $100 in a checking account lives outside of Wilkes-Barre's city limits. Scranton isn't bad, there are some nice sections but the taxes are crushing if you live/work there to pay for pensions. Both cities shut down relatively early, of course there are some bars downtown in both and near the colleges you'll find stuff that's open late but it's not a lot and it's usually just weekends. 

The powder was 3 feet deep and I couldn't turn. I had no choice because I would have skied straight into a rock or tree. id love to get better at tree skiing but need some easy and wide glades to practice on a regular basis.

Hogwash. Just start skiing bumps whenever you have the chance. Even if it is just the edge of Barney’s where you can hop back onto the groomed surface. Bump skiing is just like tree skiing except without the trees. It really comes down to learning your quick turns and hop turns. Once you get into the woods for real, you’ll never want to hit groomers again.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Hogwash. Just start skiing bumps whenever you have the chance. Even if it is just the edge of Barney’s where you can hop back onto the groomed surface. Bump skiing is just like tree skiing except without the trees. It really comes down to learning your quick turns and hop turns. Once you get into the woods for real, you’ll never want to hit groomers again.

Most of us love the groomers for the speed and smoothness. I’ve been in the woods for real and really enjoy the groomers. Hop turns for salty.  Ok

5 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

QFT!

Learn to ski the bumps in preparation for tree skiing.

Scream groomers in the morning on the fast snow, bumps the rest of the day, especially in the spring after the sun hits them to soften them up.

Edited by indiggio

9 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

The first time I skied the Barney Bumps must have been an incredible sight. 2 or 3 years ago I got trapped in The Bumps for a few minutes. I dont remember exactly what happened but my skis were in an awkward position and I couldn't get them off. I had fallen in The Bumps. After finally freeing myself I said never again. Now many years later I have dabbled here and there in The Bumps and I can do them poorly, but it's not enjoyable to me and it's a relief to return to nice easy groomed runs. This season I know I'll inevitably return to The Bumps and I'll once again dislike them and leave them to the experts like Indigo.

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If it’s warm out do you still ski in your facemask?

I don't ski in a facemask because I dont ski. But when it's cold or when they're blowing perder I will wear the facemask when doing up and down the ski hills. If it's above 40 I generally do not don the mask.

15 hours ago, indiggio said:

QFT!

Learn to ski the bumps in preparation for tree skiing.

Scream groomers in the morning on the fast snow, bumps the rest of the day, especially in the spring after the sun hits them to soften them up.

I signed up for Women’s Clinic this year at Blue. Really excited. I would like to at least be a decent bump skier. 

• Like 4

On 11/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, saltyant said:

The first time I skied the Barney Bumps must have been an incredible sight. 2 or 3 years ago I got trapped in The Bumps for a few minutes. I dont remember exactly what happened but my skis were in an awkward position and I couldn't get them off. I had fallen in The Bumps. After finally freeing myself I said never again. Now many years later I have dabbled here and there in The Bumps and I can do them poorly, but it's not enjoyable to me and it's a relief to return to nice easy groomed runs. This season I know I'll inevitably return to The Bumps and I'll once again dislike them and leave them to the experts like Indigo.

Just FYI camelback is gonna have 4 runs open on Friday and 8 or more on Saturday.  

• Thanks 1