Camelback Snowtubing Report - 11/24/2017

saltyant

8 minutes ago, Schif said:

Giant's Despair is cool. They do a hill climb every year there. Back in the day apparently it was pretty big with old school race car drivers

It was rad. I saw the start and finish lines on the road. Below is a pic of me summiting. The thermometer said it was 40 degrees but I overheated nonetheless and had to stop and take my jacket off and roll up my sleeves. Not sure I want to do it again on bike, I like climbs up to 14% gradient. 20% is tough.

image.png.2fb3972269bc557dea959ff39c6a7d99.png

Edited by saltyant

7 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

at the bottom of that hill is wilkes barre township.  why is this necessary?  why dont they just join wilkes barre city to make more efficient use of taxpayer resources?  why doesnt west conshohocken just join conshohocken?  why does the borough of south coatesville exist?

These are all questions I pondered as I struggled up Giants Despair wearing fogged up $7 ballistics glasses from Walmart.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

at the bottom of that hill is wilkes barre township.  why is this necessary?  why dont they just join wilkes barre city to make more efficient use of taxpayer resources?  why doesnt west conshohocken just join conshohocken?  why does the borough of south coatesville exist?

Sometimes a city and township will annex.  None of the townships surrounding Allentown would want annex with Allentown because they’d inherit Allentown’s problems and low tax base. 

Wilkes-Barre township is more commercial than the city of Wilkes-Barre. The township encompasses multiple shopping centers, the mall, and the arena. The city is mostly residential with the exception of the downtown area that has public square and the two colleges. 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve only been to Wilkes Barre once about 13 years ago when I was cold calling funeral homes. I also went to Kingston.  

Wilkes Barre is where I went to collage. It's a pretty happening place with bars, restaurants, a mall and a Target.  Basically identical to nearly every town.

49 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It was rad. I saw the start and finish lines on the road. Below is a pic of me summiting. The thermometer said it was 40 degrees but I overheated nonetheless and had to stop and take my jacket off and roll up my sleeves. Not sure I want to do it again on bike, I like climbs up to 14% gradient. 20% is tough.

image.png.2fb3972269bc557dea959ff39c6a7d99.png

Wow you hired a photographer to take a picture of you. That’s badass. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Kings or Wilkes?

Kings

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you live in a dorm or commute?

Lived in a hotel the first year because dorms were being remodeled then an apartment the next 2 years. Went to community college my freshman year. The last year in the apartment roomed with 3 other people and some were slobs who trashed the place. The floor was so sticky from jello shots or something that it was difficult to walk. They broke several chairs and "fixed" them with gorilla glue. Then they left all their junk behind including a broken PS3 which I sold online on Ebay for restitution and got $80. I never want to room with people again.

Just now, saltyant said:

Kings

Lived in a hotel the first year because dorms were being remodeled then an apartment the next 2 years. Went to community college my freshman year. The last year in the apartment roomed with 3 other people and some were slobs who trashed the place. The floor was so sticky from jello shots or something that it was difficult to walk. They broke several chairs and "fixed" them with gorilla glue. Then they left all their junk behind including a broken PS3 which I sold online on Ebay for restitution and got $80. I never want to room with people again.

where was the apartment complex at?  i lived on the block of river street that separated regular housing from the hood.  take a left out the front door and you see nice houses.  take a right out the door and people are openly selling drugs on the street.  it was good being in walking distance of that ghetto ass Sunoco that was open 24/7

Just now, Schif said:

Based on how often it was robbed my friends used to call that place the Stab n Grab

i had a shady ass landlord who had been sued by both the cities of Wilkes Barre and Scranton on numerous occasions.  if you google his name, one of the first results is a negative review that mentions that sunoco and the constant robberies lol

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

where was the apartment complex at?  i lived on the block of river street that separated regular housing from the hood.  take a left out the front door and you see nice houses.  take a right out the door and people are openly selling drugs on the street.  it was good being in walking distance of that ghetto ass Sunoco that was open 24/7

Alumni hall, on campus housing next to Senunas and Gondas. That was in 2009-10. Yeah it was pretty hood. One time my friend and I were walking on Main st and some thug tossed an empty plastic bottle over a fence. We both said "thug" at the same time as we were very astute in pointing out rascalous activities.

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Alumni hall, on campus housing next to Senunas and Gondas. That was in 2009-10. Yeah it was pretty hood. One time my friend and I were walking on Main st and some thug tossed an empty plastic bottle over a fence. We both said "thug" at the same time as we were very astute in pointing out rascalous activities.

Someone on an allentown issues group on Facebook said I was racist for using the word thug hell no some of the hood boogers are thugs. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I had no idea Wilkes Barre is shady.  Is Scranton the nicer of the two cities??  I guess they bus in the ghetto folks from New York like they do in Allentown and reading 

wilkes barre and scranton are both crime depressed hell holes, but wilkes barre is a little worse.  scranton tends to be primarily white trash, while wilkes barre tends to be puerto ricans from nyc.

also, using heroin is socially acceptable there

Edited by theprogram4

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Someone on an allentown issues group on Facebook said I was racist for using the word thug hell no some of the hood boogers are thugs. 

I always thought the term thug applies to rascalous activity regardless of race. My friend and I made a music video in 2010 to the hoodlum song We Fly High when we were gangster. I'm debating posting it on here for the lols.