Camelback Snowtubing Report - 11/24/2017

saltyant

1 minute ago, Schif said:

I showed the picture of that cosmic tubing to my girlfriend and before I could say "look how dumb that is" she got really excited and asked if we could go. I'm hoping she forgets about it soon. 

Everybody makes mistakes. The important part is learning from them. Good luck.

32 minutes ago, indiggio said:

The son and I went once at Blue, mainly because it was free with the season pass and we wanted to see what it was like.

Fun for the first run or two, then boredom set in.

Haven't gone since.  I'll stick to skiing.

Being a skier, after 2 runs i wanted to go put my skis on and go enjoy myself on the slopes.  Snowtubing makes the slopes at BB look baller.  

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There's at least a half inch of new manmade snow on the picnic tables at Camelback. Way to get after it Cameltoe

Their website has been screwed up lately. The webcams are coming up really small, making it hard to see how much snow there is.

My guess is the webcams are frozen due to a technical glitch, and there's actually much more snow there than we're seeing.

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
1 hour ago, saltyant said:
Nope. They said this is a "big" announcement. You'll see, they'll surprise everyone and open 10 trails at once.

What will those 10 trails be covered with? Pixie dust??

Yesterday they posted a video of the cat grooming all the fresh powder. I think the powder is just too concentrated right now and they need to spread it around the mountain.

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think saltyAnt has been snorting pixie dust. 

IMG_1789.PNG

IMG_1790.PNG

Looks like Disneyland.  One reason i dislike the place.  

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yesterday they posted a video of the cat grooming all the fresh powder. I think the powder is just too concentrated right now and they need to spread it around the mountain.

I dont know the layout of Camelback too well, but wasnt that the intergalactic tubing slope they were grooming all the fresh powder on?

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I dont know the layout of Camelback too well, but wasnt that the intergalactic tubing slope they were grooming all the fresh powder on?

I didn't see any tubing lanes, so my guess is no. I'll analyze the video tonight to determine the precise location. I think in one part of the video, you can see some waterslides or something on the edge of the video. I can use the waterslides to pinpoint the exact black diamond they are grooming.