Saturday 11/25/17...empty..cookies

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

im back from day two of the Blue mountain ski season. I arrived at the upper lodge at 7:20am made amazing time they forgot my hash brown at McDonald's but sausage biscuit was on fleek.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, PARidge, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, Matt Edge, Ryan, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad and many others.  I got my pass straightened out and now keep pass in left arm pocket thanks to Roots advice..then no more hokey pokey in the liftline.  

I think I was second chair today..slacking lol snow was good lipstick on a pig on midway which got spicy and rowdy right quick. Lower Main Street was ok come around is deep and busy and vista had nice cord.  Crowds were lighter than yesterday at least the first two others.  Shorter ticket lines for sure as well. I think a lot of people who were out yesterday weren't out today.  

There was an inversion with the temperature already in the mid 30s at the top lot and in the mid 20s in the valley. Guns were blowing down low initially. It was windier than yesterday but not bad. Good parking lot beers today and good snacks with chips, pretzels and jerky.  JADIP just another day in paradise. I'll be back out tomorrow. Anybody else??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I got my pass straightened out and now keep pass in left arm pocket thanks to Roots advice..then no more hokey pokey in the liftline.  

Just looking out for ya. 

Watching Jeff doing the shimmy shake shake to get the gates to open was worth the cost of the season pass 2X. Rest of the season is gravy. Ltd

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My post was kind of relevant. I cant use my $399 CB season pass, so I need to dish out $40 per weekend at Blue for the foreseeable future. Which is why I'll be getting a Blue pass next season. 

That's fine, but Camelback is going to open before Blue next season and will be closed on every other weekday that TP4 has off. Its just the way things work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My post was kind of relevant. I cant use my $399 CB season pass, so I need to dish out $40 per weekend at Blue for the foreseeable future. Which is why I'll be getting a Blue pass next season. 

Maybe Camelback will stay open well into April to make up for it. 

Saltyant if it makes you feel better there were days when Blue closed at the end of March last year and CB was open. I actually purchased a lift ticket at CB that last week in March last season because Blue was closed. I wasn't thrilled but that's how it goes. I'm sure you'll get your days in. My advice... see how it goes then decide where you want to purchase your pass in the spring. You may find that CB suits your needs. For me skiing around roller coasters and waterslides isn't necessarily my bag but to each their own.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Saltyant if it makes you feel better there were days when Blue closed at the end of March last year and CB was open. I actually purchased a lift ticket at CB that last week in March last season because Blue was closed. I wasn't thrilled but that's how it goes. I'm sure you'll get your days in. My advice... see how it goes then decide where you want to purchase your pass in the spring. You may find that CB suits your needs. For me skiing around roller coasters and waterslides isn't necessarily my bag but to each their own.

Solid advice. It's just fun to rag on CB since that seems to be the thing to do around here. Maybe they'll come around later in the season.

Edited by saltyant