Official 2017-2018 Opening Day Thread

saltyant

• 11 months later...
5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This thread is for last season 

I made so many Camelback threads last season that I didn't want to start a new one to save space. Plus you use the Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!! for non-2015-16 trips.

Edited by saltyant

As stated before, the Camelback ideology makes no sense. They blow in the tubing park and on the main mountain, yet they don’t open the main mountain at the same time as the jib park in the tubing park. The snow is there. Why not run a lift? Just like Ray Liotta, if they build it, people will come...

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

As stated before, the Camelback ideology makes no sense. They blow in the tubing park and on the main mountain, yet they don’t open the main mountain at the same time as the jib park in the tubing park. The snow is there. Why not run a lift? Just like Ray Liotta, if they build it, people will come...

You belong in ski resort management. Let them know how to run their businesses 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

lmao camelback didnt open today.  its amazing how such a giant resort can suck so bad at something places like shawnee and montage were able to pull off.  i guess thats what happens when skiing is at best the 3rd source of income.  makes me appreciate blue being a ski resort first

That's why I really can't believe you think it is the 2nd best in PA. They continuously fail. 

• Confused 1

"We made the decision not to open this weekend given the impending two inches of rainfall over the next two days. Instead, we chose to take advantage of this unusual, 3-day November cold blast to focus snowmaking on our most important areas; a top to bottom trail plus our prime family and learning areas.

Because, when we open, it’ll be for the season. We’ve been making snow for 6 days and with 9” inches of help from Mother Nature, the plan is to start with weekends and quickly move to 7 days a week. Stay tuned for our opening day hours, and pricing, but we expect to start skiing, riding and tubing this Friday, November 30th."

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

They definitely disappointed, but I’ve got to imagine that it is still the earliest they have opened in quite awhile. I don’t remember a November opening for alpine for as long as I’ve been snowboarding...

Thanks I was hoping for some input from you.