Official 2017-2018 Opening Day Thread

saltyant

Opening weekend has finally arrived. Thanks to Enjorales for breaking this great news for all Camelback season pass holders on here.

Two trails will be open: Upper Marc Antony and Honeymoon. I'll take most of the credit for this since I suggested they open these two trails on FB on 11/25. The big kick off will be Saturday at 8:30 am.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

So....basically Easy Out / Vista?

Nope, it's top to bottom with a high speed quad. About 670 feet of vert based on quick Google Earth analysis of the Sullivan lift. Comparatively, the Vista lift is only about 270 feet. The downside is no diamonds are open, but at least the high speed quad is only a 3 minute ride.

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Might consider this for Sat if Blue doesn't open Main Street. Then I will have done days on all three open top to bottom runs in the Poconos this season.  Make up for no variety days by at least having variety between the days. 

Wow that doesn't sound as good as what Blue has but a good option for the kiddos 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is upper mark Anthony a good run?  

It's really narrow and not very steep. Honeymoon is much wider and you can get some decent speed on it. Honeymoon is probably the lamest name for a trail ever.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Anyway have fun you must be walking on sunshine and shaking your titties

Thanks. My predictions earlier today proved mostly accurate. You thought I was crazy when I said I would be skiing Marjie's on Saturday. I was pretty close, just a couple trails over.