Official 2017-2018 Opening Day Thread

saltyant

6 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Oh boy! It looks like the Ice planet Hoth from Empire Strikes Back. Maybe they should change the name from Camelback Ski Resort to "TonTon mountain" ski resort. ae12f4ba712d01e7a97ca2366042683a.jpg

I'm getting a kick out of the front-end loader moving snow around? 

Guess they don't want to run the cats over all that snow!

• Like 2

Skied 920 to a little after noon, getting 16 runs in - almost all with Saltyants, who recognized me on my way to the lift. Nice guy and I enjoyed our runs and lift rides.

Awesome morning. Free hot cocoa and cookies at the lift whenever I wanted it. Skied right on to the high speed lift all AM without a single delay. Nice blue top to bottom run with no crowds. Good surface, covered at least 90% of trail width. Only bit that was a bit slick was fairly flat. 

At $25 all in all the best opening day of the 3 PA ones I have attended this year.

Blue (2nd place) got extra credit for pulling it off 8 days earlier, but lost serious points for that close to 30 min lift stoppage that got me to call it a day after 9 runs. 

Shawnee comes in 3rd with only a green open and less trail width - But every PA area that plays the "open by Dec 2" game is a winner in my book. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, eaf said:

I second that! Pics please, for I need to decide whether to go to CB tomorrow or just stay home. BM was pretty sick today afternoon. 

Upper Marc Antony - Decent, a little tracked early on but improved throughout the day

image.thumb.jpeg.b31153b4a8b680e4f943475a5d0f5275.jpeg

Honeymoon - excellent coverage

image.thumb.jpeg.6faa5261c4efedaee0dc658217bbe1f6.jpeg

Lower Honeymoon - view from Sullivan Lift

image.thumb.jpeg.f5e617101d8e81c097da44bb28b1ca37.jpeg

Detailed report to come tomorrow. I'd highly recommend going, it was epic.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty how long did you ski till?

From first chair, which arrived approximately 8:40 AM, to 4:00 PM. Only took a break with Ski2Live for free cookies and hot chocolate for skiing fuel. Otherwise just kept doing runs all day long.

image.thumb.png.937490276cfd25143e63d88746463b73.pngimage.thumb.png.933ae4d9b04f82f4426048bf0f2dbe1e.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1