12/2..variable conditions..snowmaking, lots of PASRs

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from day 4 of the Blue mountain the true mountain ski season. I arrived at the upper lot around 7:20AM and the temperature was around 30 degrees under partly sunny sky's with light winds.  In the house today we're Atomic Jeff, Slim, JFBBDan, Tarponhead, Indiggio, Guitar73, TinyMoose, a few ski divas, West Chester guys, Nastar Glenn, Tele Matt, MBike Mike, GahSkier George and many others. 

First civilian chair and second one down..early on easy out and vista was nice smooth sugary cord, similar conditions on come around, midway was lipstick on a pig first run..cookie push piles rest of the time could have gotten better with warmer temps this afternoon and lower Main Street was not bad as it had been blown on. Guns were blazing in the valley and on lazy mile and one gun going at the end of upper Main Street. 

Crowds on the trails were pretty heavy but no real lifelines this is the weekend everybody is buying Xmas trees and there often isn't even skiing yet the first weekend in December so I'm calling this a bonus weekend.  I quit a little after 10 after two solid hours then had some beers and chips in the parking lot and by the time I left a little after 12 the temperature was in the mid 40s. Props to blues snowmakers looks like they'll really be able to get busy beginning Wednesday night.  JADIP

• Like 5

You guys were fun,  Main Street was pretty nice and carveable, Midway teetered between skiable bumps and a shitshow of flailing people depending on the run.

The rine frost on the trees make it actually look like winter....a nice touch for Dec 2. 

Too bad I don’t like IPA. The cider on tap in the bar was a good way to end the day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grimblygunk said:

You guys were fun,  Main Street was pretty nice and carveable, Midway teetered between skiable bumps and a shitshow of flailing people depending on the run.

The rine frost on the trees make it actually look like winter....a nice touch for Dec 2. 

Too bad I don’t like IPA. The cider on tap in the bar was a good way to end the day. 

Welcome

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

midway was lipstick on a pig first run..cookie push piles rest of the time could have gotten better with warmer temps

Someone at Camelback told me their friend broke an arm at Blue last Friday, on the black diamond. I assume it was probably Midway.

Conditions definitely improved later in the morning/early afternoon.

Midway was still a shit-show, with the push piles becoming more widely scattered, with (almost) boiler in between.  As the sun moved past noon, the right side of Midway got much better as there were softer bumps to be had.

Lower Main turned to hero snow, so you could really rip on the rails and carve some high speed turns, if desired.  Also the right side ridge softened up, which provided some nice thigh-burning runs.