Sunday 12/3..quick day..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot at 720am and it was 35 degrees under overcast sky's. An inversion as it was well below freezing in the valleys with a heavy frost. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Indiggio, Slim, GahSkier George, Toast, Ryan, Root, JFDan, TP4, Jersey shore, Asian Invasion, a couple of Gary's, rodney, Kevin, MBike Mike, Mrs. Snowbunski and Tele Matt. 

First run was great i was on second chair Ryan and Atomic Jeff claimed first chair not a humble brag lol. Conditions went to shit pretty fast cookie cookie cookies..come around was more sandy not trerrible midway was rough lower Main Street was stiff cookies. I skied like ten runs and had a few beers and was home before noon.  Day five of five epic nap on tap was party rocking late last night need sleep.  Ski everybody next weekend should have upper Main Street and lazy open next weekend maybe the six pack or at least six pack by following weekend learning hill near the base and lessons should also begin next weekend. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

lower Main Street was stiff cookies

Thanks for the update. At this point in my career, I actually prefer green runs in decent shape to blacks with cookies, ice, etc. Once a few more trails open up, hopefully soon, I will return to Blue. Until then I'll stick to Camelback.

Midway cookies dissolved into sandy sugary piles sometime between your departure and my first run just after noon. Actually enjoyed skiing them but only did five runs and currently de-booting in the lot before heading back in for the pass holder deal. Dodging people on Midway is the order of the day. Looks like lots of people on there that probably should have thought twice. Better skiers than I probably saying the same thing about me though. Line for the Vista lift is a clusterfuck, at a couple points it was running up and across the trail onto Come Around, blocking the whole trail. Geniuses. 

• Like 1

Once the temperature came up, around 11:30 or so, the sugar piles softened up enough to make them skiable and actually pretty fun.

Right ridge of Main Street was pretty nice until where Switchback connects, beyond that it was still bad cookies.

Unfortunately it got quite crowded in comparison to the past open days, so we bailed around 1 to pregame in the lot for the passholder party.

• Like 4