Opening Day Trip Report - 12/2/2017

saltyant

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you then gonna stay at the hotel and ski Sunday morning??

Doesn't look like I'll be able to. I tried booking a suite earlier but it says "A 2 Night Minimum may be required or there is no availability at the Lodge. Please modify your date selection or contact us directly at 855-515-1283."

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

About 28 degrees at Blue right now.  Not crazy cold like we would like, but its not going to get as warm today.  

How do you figure out the temperature at Blue??  I typically take the average of Allentown and Mount Pocono as an estimate 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How do you figure out the temperature at Blue??  I typically take the average of Allentown and Mount Pocono as an estimate 

Wunderground has individual weather stations from weather nerds on a map.  Same with weatherbug.  

45 minutes ago, saltyant said:

zomg!! I'll be skiing the whole mountain on Saturday night. Time to go buy some powder skis.

image.png.5746eadfd83ce5ab5d64c5ff504e6c63.png

Why are you waiting until Saturday night?? Get the freshies first thing in the morning? Did you ski the big powder day last year or during the blizzard two years ago??  Are you gonna be at Blue Sunday for sloppy seconds??

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why are you waiting until Saturday night?? Get the freshies first thing in the morning? Did you ski the big powder day last year or during the blizzard two years ago??  Are you gonna be at Blue Sunday for sloppy seconds??

I assumed the snow condition at 8:30 am would be hard pack/frozen over again, like last Saturday. Conditions were actually better in the afternoon once it softened up.