Opening Day Trip Report - 12/2/2017

saltyant

• 2 months later...

My favorite part of this report was your action shot of Ski2Live and the free food that gave you sustenance to ski 51 runs. Salty remember how excited you were to lap one slow run..well tomorrow at Camelback you have 33 runs to choose from. At least one of them probably has good snow..also Matt Edge said he'll go to Verbier with you if I pay for him but he wants his own bed. 

IMG_2660.PNG

IMG_2661.PNG

• Boner City 1

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@poconoceancity This is great! I wonder if the free parking lot is opening too??

20210127_180209.jpg.57f46e486b3ef02d969d2d60b228620d.jpg

It’s free for pass holders. Also it appears to be on an honor system. You’re supposed to use an app to pay in the lot, however there’s no meters or enforcement. They do have nice paved lots. JFBB was a disgrace with their muddy trench filled lots. 

5 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

It’s free for pass holders. Also it appears to be on an honor system. You’re supposed to use an app to pay in the lot, however there’s no meters or enforcement. They do have nice paved lots. JFBB was a disgrace with their muddy trench filled lots. 

I meant paid parking ($30 or $40) for nonpassholders. Lots and lots of complaints on Facebook. I try to add gasoline to the fire on there when opportunity strikes. 

As you mentioned it's on the honor system, I assumed parking enforcement walks around and checks license plate.

You should see Blue's lower lot if you think JFBB was in bad shape with mud filled trenches 🤠

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I meant paid parking ($30 or $40) for nonpassholders. Lots and lots of complaints on Facebook. I try to add gasoline to the fire on there when opportunity strikes. 

As you mentioned it's on the honor system, I assumed parking enforcement walks around and checks license plate.

You should see Blue's lower lot if you think JFBB was in bad shape with mud filled trenches 🤠

Blues lot isn’t bad 

54 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The parking is $10. It’s $20-$50 depending on the day in the preferred lot up front. Maybe someone else can chime in, I have to think BB’s lot is much worse than Blues?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

The parking is $10. It’s $20-$50 depending on the day in the preferred lot up front. Maybe someone else can chime in, I have to think BB’s lot is much worse than Blues?

Thanks, I used to love parking at that lot close to the Stevenson Lift and had no clue if it was $10 or $20+. I guess it's $10. 

Sunbowl lift is also a really nice place to park @enjoralas

I would have liked to go night skiing this Saturday but there's no way in absolute hell I'm paying $80 ($70 for a lift pass plus $10 for parking). Good thing those city slickers from NYC will fork over that kind of money or Camelback might go out of business charging these prices.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

And allows tailgating 🍻

Correct that one day years ago me and Dime got stopped by security for drinking a beer in the lot and were told we had to throw it out so I pounded the beer on the walk to the garbage can and went to barley creek. I don’t think PoconoOceanCity tailgaits. He likes drinking Coors light at the bar. 

14 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Boulders lot has that huge trench/hump thing that makes it rough on the sad boys. 

blues lot is fine. Pretty much everybody here has to drive max about 40 feet on a gravel surface to park. I will never understand peoples obsession with ski resorts parking lot. If you want some paving, go shopping at the mall.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, I used to love parking at that lot close to the Stevenson Lift and had no clue if it was $10 or $20+. I guess it's $10. 

I would have liked to go night skiing this Saturday but there's no way in absolute hell I'm paying $80 ($70 for a lift pass plus $10 for parking). Good thing those city slickers from NYC will fork over that kind of money or Camelback might go out of business charging these prices.

I remember when you had a season pass at Camelback. What made you choose blue instead?

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I remember when you had a season pass at Camelback. What made you choose blue instead?

i dont understand why some need to boot up in the lodge.  

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Boulders lot has that huge trench/hump thing that makes it rough on the sad boys. 

blues lot is fine. Pretty much everybody here has to drive max about 40 feet on a gravel surface to park. I will never understand peoples obsession with ski resorts parking lot. If you want some paving, go shopping at the mall.   

Correct. Minus the Trench/Hump the lot is fine. Just go slow over the trench and it’s fine. 

• Like 1