Opening Day Trip Report - 12/2/2017

saltyant

3 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

There’s plenty of unpaved areas, if there’s ever a PASR day at CB.

The only time Blue regulars generally come to camelback is when they stay open later than Blue.  I skied with TP4 and Root in spring or 2019 there.  The time before that was 2013 I believe and I did the mountain coaster and @toast21602 had a concussion there in 2010 I believe.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The only time Blue regulars generally come to camelback is when they stay open later than Blue.  I skied with TP4 and Root in spring or 2019 there.  The time before that was 2013 I believe and I did the mountain coaster and @toast21602 had a concussion there in 2010 I believe.  

I had a concussion at Camelback? I don't remember that. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My best memory of camelback was in December of 1996 when there was about 18” of new snow and only marjies and Julius Caesar open and me and my friend got caught by the yellow jackets skiing a closed run and had to watch a safety video. 

That's grate! I was telling my friend Matt on Sunday about the time you and someone else fled ski patrol while bombing Paradise, skied to your cars and drove away in ski boots. He thought that was epic!

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe they stay open longer than Blue this year and it will happen. Remember when they’d do the Alien passes?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Maybe they stay open longer than Blue this year and it will happen. Remember when they’d do the Alien passes?

Two years ago they did and I hope Blue stays open longer than camelback. The runs at camelback are a major letdown compared to Blue. They get flat so fast and the atmosphere isn’t as good. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Two years ago they did and I hope Blue stays open longer than camelback. The runs at camelback are a major letdown compared to Blue. They get flat so fast and the atmosphere isn’t as good. 

They’re saying they want the mountain open for Easter so it could happen. They’re being very aggressive with their snowmaking.

6 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

They’re saying they want the mountain open for Easter so it could happen. They’re being very aggressive with their snowmaking.

Well on actual Easter Sunday Blue will be closed if they make it that long so maybe I’ll ski camelback that day before I go on my Colorado skifari. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Still so much better than JFBB in my opinion.

I made an account on here in 2017 to defend Camelback from the haters. I enjoy the layout with the 2 high speed lifts. Nile Mile and King Tut are really fun long trails. Cliffhanger is also a fun slightly consistent slope. The 4 main blacks are fun but as many argue, too short and too much flat run back to the lift. I could care less if I see some water slides while riding a lift. Montage has that too but no one ever comments on that. But as many say the prohibition on tailgating at CB is a dealbreaker.

I went to JF once and really enjoyed the black diamonds there. But the lifts are too slow for me to ever consider a season pass there.

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1