Opening Day Trip Report - 12/2/2017

saltyant

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Well he said the traffic on the slopes was insane so I guess he got stuck in a gaper delay 

Salty, remember when you had nowhere to eat lunch at camelback and ate on the floor of a hallway in the lodge??   Even worse is @indiggio friend Todd ate his lunch in a bathroom stall at Stratton the other day when it was below zero outside.  That’s wild.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty, remember when you had nowhere to eat lunch at camelback and ate on the floor of a hallway in the lodge??   Even worse is @indiggio friend Todd ate his lunch in a bathroom stall at Stratton the other day when it was below zero outside.  That’s wild.  

Wow I think I do remember that, though I have no idea how you do. That report is likely buried in the official archives of PASR.

That shit's annoying, I thought resorts are limiting their tickets??? If I go on any trips this year I'm going to eat lunch in my car or 10 am if in a lodge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poconoceancity said:

1 minute lines started forming at 930, 10 minutes at 1030, 20 minutes at 1130 when we left. Trails still empty, everyone is in line.

Did you try any of the slower lifts? Did they have long lines too? I used to ride Old Bailey a lot when Sullivan got backed up.

Gosh maybe they should be charging $200. They're leaving money on the table @GrilledSteezeSandwich

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Did you try any of the slower lifts? Did they have long lines too? I used to ride Old Bailey a lot when Sullivan got backed up.

Gosh maybe they should be charging $200. They're leaving money on the table @GrilledSteezeSandwich

We stuck to the Stevenson today, lapping Nile, Cliffy and Pocono Raceway. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, poconoceancity said:

They’re limiting sales at probably 90 percent. When we leave at 1130, there’s a line of people at least 100 deep at the farthest lot down by the tubing area waiting to get on the bus to the main lodge area.

Well that sounds absolutely miserable. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

A coworker told me they’re charging $30 to park on weekends? And not even preferred parking. 

Gotta make hay while the sun is shining.  According to their website it’s $10 for general parking and premium rates vary.  Parking is also apparently free for season passholders at the Camel so it’s not like season passholders need to have a stack of $20s in their center console. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich