Opening Day Trip Report - 12/2/2017

saltyant

20 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

A coworker told me they’re charging $30 to park on weekends? And not even preferred parking. 

My theory is Camelback's target customer base is now New York City, and city folks are so accustomed to paying for parking that they probably don't even think twice about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

My theory is Camelback's target customer base is now New York City, and city folks are so accustomed to paying for parking that they probably don't even think twice about it. 

A lot of ski resorts out west charge for parking. At copper mountain I pay $20 for parking to be right at the base and avoid a couple minute shuttle bus.  At Jackson hole last year me and Atomic Jeff dropped $30 the last day to park right in the village lot. Also amusement parks and sporting events charge for parking. If a family is gonna drop $500 for a day of skiing, what’s another $10-$30. They made it to wallyworld they’re gonna pay it. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Did 730-1130 today. Headed out the main entrance to try and check out the new serenity townhouses that we’re interested in. The line to get in the main lot was backed up past Barley Creek. I guess half of those people bought tickets they had to use today.

Wow sounds like Blue today. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice tailgate. 

Thanks, also check out that action shot of Ski2Live.

That day I drew a "I ❤️ CB" in the snow on the garbage can and Camelback featured it in their promo video.

I was also in that paparazzi picture. You can tell it's me by the GoPro on my helmet. Toast thought I was the rainbow hatted woman for some reason.

• Like 1

Just now, saltyant said:

Thanks, also check out that action shot of Ski2Live.

That day I drew a "I ❤️ CB" in the snow on the garbage can and Camelback featured it in their promo video.

I was also in that paparazzi picture. You can tell it's me by the GoPro on my helmet. Toast thought I was the rainbow hatted woman for some reason.

Ski2live is a Jerry but he has fun at least and gives grate parenting advice. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Does the bailey lift go to the same place?  Stevenson I hope is still open.  That’s a legendary lift. 

Yep but it's slow. I assume Stevenson is open. I'll go to Camelback if they have an alien pass day, but the new management will probably charge $0 to ski and $50 to park.

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Does the bailey lift go to the same place?  Stevenson I hope is still open.  That’s a legendary lift. 

Looks like it?

5BE74918-136F-490D-BF6C-586F4A02CC83.jpeg

edit- for some reason the labels on the image didn’t come with it 🤷‍♂️

Edited by toast21602

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Any response. 

After 2 calls and being on hold for 10 minutes I learned they have plenty of parking but the website says "sold out" the day of for some dumb reason 

I'll probably go to Camelback since I haven't been there this year and I still like the layout of the mountain a lot. I'm going for a 4 hour session to get my money's worth.

I considered Montage also but I've been there already this year and I'm hankering for a lot of vert via high speed lifts in my new Elans. And as much as I love True Blue I could use a change of scenery and a different root to drive

Edited by saltyant