Opening Day Trip Report - 12/2/2017

saltyant

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

After 2 calls and being on hold for 10 minutes I learned they have plenty of parking but the website says "sold out" the day of for some dumb reason 

I'll probably go to Camelback since I haven't been there this year and I still like the layout of the mountain a lot. I'm going for a 4 hour session to get my money's worth.

I considered Montage also but I've been there already this year and I'm hankering for a lot of vert via high speed lifts in my new Elans. And as much as I love True Blue I could use a change of scenery and a different root to drive

Try to post a report.  Your camelback reports are the best!!!  Especially your tubing report. 

• Boner City 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I was done for the year at Blue on Friday but I might go to Camelback Friday evening due to a light work load this weekend.  Waiting to see what the snow report looks like on Friday.

I was looking into the bridge tolls you mentioned - it looks like all of those including white haven would be incredibly easy for locals to avoid - just get off, cross the river on the parallel local road, and get back on - not more than a couple minutes lost.  I actually think this is a decent idea, make the interstate travelers and truckers pay for the interstate bridge replacements rather than using our PA tax $ which otherwise could be used on local projects.  People have been saying I-80 needs tolls for years, since more and more truckers and out-of-staters take it instead of the Turnpike and as a result Turnpike tolls have increased disproportionately to pay for untolled I-80, which is not in great shape - now it may be getting 4 in addition to the Delaware River toll.

Edited by abe
  • Like 1

Anybody else able to NOT buy any tickets for this weekend? I get this for both March and April, for all age brackets as well. There’s also been no update on the Instagram page about hours. There is a headline on their website saying they will be back open on Friday for the holiday weekend. 

5E252233-CC10-42A2-9B03-F482DDD9771D.jpeg

Edited by antman12

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

The site has a message saying tickets will go on sale after they assess the number of trails they will be able to open

My man! Thank you. I should’ve scrolled one extra swipe of the wheel, derp. 

If they have a reasonable amount of trails open and a reasonable ticket price this might not be a terrible idea for this weekend. The pouring rain is making me think that at least one of those criteria won't be met though. 

11 minutes ago, Schif said:

If they have a reasonable amount of trails open and a reasonable ticket price this might not be a terrible idea for this weekend. The pouring rain is making me think that at least one of those criteria won't be met though. 

It has been snowing up here in the high peaks of PA

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
8 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

What the fuck?  That’s one of the most absurd things I’ve ever heard

lololol this is why I don't tell Doug real things. He is one of this biggest gossips here. Of course I have seen the Simpson. I also told him that somebody died in a fucking blimp accident and he believed me. It's fucking 2021 🤣

tenor-67737827.gif.39b91da5b8344539cd08237944c40bf7.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2