Opening Day Trip Report - 12/2/2017

saltyant

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ice is nice speed is good dress like an astronaut..JADIP just another donut in paradise. 

I think actual powder is more fun because I can practice my uber turning + pole planting skillz and actually hold an edge.

Plus, even though making 51 runs on the same two trails was the most insanely magnificently fun thing I've ever done in my life, I wouldn't want to wear them out.

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gotcha is Tom Clark still with WNEPA?

He retired but made an appearance at the big John Oliver train unveiling a few months ago. I got to shake hands with him and asked him if he could bring us a few nor-easter's this year. As a bonus I was briefly featured on a live television broadcast, one of my proudest achievements.

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

He retired but made an appearance at the big John Oliver train unveiling a few months ago. I got to shake hands with him and asked him if he could bring us a few nor-easter's this year. As a bonus I was briefly featured on a live television broadcast, one of my proudest achievements.

Great stuff...one of my proudest achievements was pond skimming 2006 at Blue mountain..T. Maki let me have the microphone and I freestyle rapped..that was awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WNEP just stated the blizzard tomorrow will begin around 1 pm. I think I'll leave around 11 AM, stop for discounted Chinese buffet, and then proceed to pursue freshies and free refills. I think this plan will optimize my strategic positioning to ensure true powder skiing from 1-5 PM, and I'll still get to enjoy skiing under the lights on empty slopes.

Edited by saltyant

28 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

From FB..Just in case anybody is looking for some pow skis for Camelback on Sat. Mickey mouse skis in good condition will need new bindings. $50

Idk, skiing at Camelback is probably too cool to be skiing on Mickey Mouse skis. I don't want the camel mascot to think I'm a jerry or something,

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

WNEP just stated the blizzard tomorrow will begin around 1 pm. I think I'll leave around 11 AM, stop for discounted Chinese buffet, and then proceed to pursue freshies and free refills. I think this plan will optimize my strategic positioning to ensure true powder skiing from 1-5 PM, and I'll still get to enjoy skiing under the lights on empty slopes.

Sounds like a plan..where the Chinese buffet and do you tip at buffets??

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The camel mascot already knows you're a Jerry. 

Nah, he witnessed my first chair AND first run of the season which earned me an epic high-five, thereby permanently exonerating my gaper status.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds like a plan..where the Chinese buffet and do you tip at buffets??

East Gourmet in Bartonsville as usual. I haven't located any decent buffets anywhere else, so I'll have to backtrack a little to pursue freshies. Yes, I tip them for bringing my ice water and fortune cookie, but usually not too much since I have to do most of the work myself (i.e. getting up and filling my plates).

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Nah, he witnessed my first chair AND first run of the season which earned me an epic high-five, thereby permanently exonerating my gaper status.

East Gourmet in Bartonsville as usual. I haven't located any decent buffets anywhere else, so I'll have to backtrack a little to pursue freshies. Yes, I tip them for bringing my ice water and fortune cookie, but usually not too much since I have to do most of the work myself (i.e. getting up and filling my plates).

I never know what to tip at buffets usually $1 for the guy who does the hibachi and a dollar or two for the ladies who clear plates and bring drinks.  Wow no soda?  Guess you are a health nut.  I like Diet stoke at Chinese buffets.  We have at least 6 of them in the Allentown area. 

39 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Break out the fat skis, shit's gonna be deep

• Like 1

Update for all PASR Camelback skiiers - Guns are still firing as of 2:18 PM this afternoon. The resort is truly beginning to look like a winter wonderland, and it's only going to get better in 24 hours with freshies inbound.  Temps are looking excellent for continuous snowmaking operations. Stoke levels are reaching all-time highs.

• Like 1