Opening Day Trip Report - 12/2/2017

saltyant

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'm so happy for you SaltyAnt you made the right decision getting a Camelback pass maybe you'll see Juicebags there. 

Thanks. Think you'll stay at Blue after 11 with the storm coming? And I might see Ski2Live since I'll be going a little earlier than originally planned due to the change in the forecast.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. Think you'll stay at Blue after 11 with the storm coming? And I might see Ski2Live since I'll be going a little earlier than originally planned due to the change in the forecast.

No idea I'll likely ski from 8-10am with the PASRs and then have some lot beers and if it is dumping maybe head back out for more..thanks for asking I was just thinking about it. There've been a few times where I had a double dip session at Blue mountain where I drive up and ski the early fresh cord and pebbles then go home in the afternoon and go back to Blue at night due to the timing of a snowstorm. The most I've done is Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning.  Yeah driving back and forth to Blue four times in under 48 hours. 

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Fresh snow another argument for going to CB as it has easier access from the Interstate than any other NEPA ski resort. 3 miles of easy roads.

Excellent point. My drive to Blue Mountain requires treacherous mountainous passes with runaway truck ramps.

I may see you there afterall. Intellicast is saying the storm will begin around 10 am, so I'll try to arrive before I-80 becomes snowcovered.

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Fresh snow another argument for going to CB as it has easier access from the Interstate than any other NEPA ski resort. 3 miles of easy roads.

Just sleep in Blue's parking lot on powder days like some of us.  It doesn't get any easier than that.

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

All that means is that the mountain is more crowded!

Blue is far better when it comes to snowstorms because only those with properly equipped vehicles can make it up Mountain Drive or are willing to take the long way around and come in the back door, thus keeping the crowds down and more powder for the rest of us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Going to ski tomorrow instead of today. Not sure if it will be Blue or CB.

Ok. I'll let you know how it is. I'll be going late morning/afternoon. If Blue would get even one more trail open I might go there tomorrow. Just starting to get bored with the same trails open at each mountain week after week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

Ok. I'll let you know how it is. I'll be going late morning/afternoon. If Blue would get even one more trail open I might go there tomorrow. Just starting to get bored with the same trails open at each mountain week after week.

Upper Main and Lazy tomorrow.

• Thanks 1