Live TR: 2017 Season Passholder party

enjoralas

Update: got in, line actually started moving well once they brought more that one person out to check people in. Got in about 1430. Different setup this year. No tables, well, about a half dozen standup cocktail tables. Setup more as a mingle than a cafeteria. All these old people probably hate it because there's no chairs.

Different food stations instead of one buffet line. Small bites, everything is really good. Raffles starting now.

• Like 1

Update: didn't win anything in the first round of drawings. Saving the rest for the end. Not sure we'll still be here, but luckily don't have to be present to win. First round they had some decent prizes, a Costco membership, a pair of goggles, a helmet, pair of tix to a Phantoms game. Some dogs too like a thing of foaming sunless tanning cream. Lol.

Food is pretty darn good as stated above. Snapped pics:

Veggie and fruit setup:

IMG_0730.JPG

Meat and cheese. Mozzarella and tomatoes were quality:

IMG_0726.JPG

Some kinda meatball that tasted good. Plastic swords to eat them with so you know it's a classy affair:

IMG_0727.JPG

Two kinds of flatbreads:

IMG_0729.JPG

Pulled pork sliders. Nice brioche buns:

IMG_0732.JPG

Dessert setup. Pictures are a chocolate mousse in edible chocolate cup (again, classy alert!) and a raspberry cheesecake bite. Also had mini cannoli and carrot cake bites:

IMG_0734.JPG

Drink ticket was was only good for beer and wine so gave it to Pops so he could double dip and paid $4.50 each for a couple vodka cranberry drinks.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1

Didn't win anything in the second round of prizes either. Prizes included $25 Blue Mtn giftcards, family 4 packs to Crayola experience, another goggles, another helmet, a spine and nervous system evaluation. 

All attendees got a "swag bag" (more bag than swag) that had a Blue Mtn beanie and some advertisements in it. That's not a complaint cause it was certainly worth the price that I paid. Can't even complain about paying for my mixed drinks. Pours were pretty stiff.

Advertisemwnts in the bag included a business card for a chiropractor worth $40 off initial visit,  15% off code for a marathon registration, and a couple Blue Mtn brochures (Buy a Confo!) and a sticker.

Pretty sure that bag is a "40th Anniversary gift" for all pass holders, so likely be info on how you too can claim one coming soon to a Blue Mountain marketing channel near you.

IMG_0736.thumb.JPG.3f86834717af705ed211426473b7b579.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Didn't win anything in the second round of prizes either. Prizes included $25 Blue Mtn giftcards, family 4 packs to Crayola experience, another goggles, another helmet, a spine and nervous system evaluation. 

All attendees got a "swag bag" (more bag than swag) that had a Blue Mtn beanie and some advertisements in it. That's not a complaint cause it was certainly worth the price that I paid. Can't even complain about paying for my mixed drinks. Pours were pretty stiff.

Advertisemwnts in the bag included a business card for a chiropractor worth $40 off initial visit,  15% off code for a marathon registration, and a couple Blue Mtn brochures (Buy a Confo!) and a sticker.

Pretty sure that bag is a "40th Anniversary gift" for all pass holders, so likely be info on how you too can claim one coming soon to a Blue Mountain marketing channel near you.

IMG_0736.thumb.JPG.3f86834717af705ed211426473b7b579.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

Also, just signed up for the Via Marathon again because of you, so thanks, I guess. 

15 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I wonder if the person in line behind Enjoralas was like why the hell is this guy taking pics of the food? Haha

Nice report man.

Haha, I was on the down low. There weren't really lines for food because of the different stations, and most could be accessed from 3-4 spots. I just waited until it wasn't crowded and walked up and snapped.

The girl at the slider station gave me a bit of a weird look. I said "It's for my Yelp review" and she chuckled.

• Haha 1

Just now, tarponhead said:

Was a 10 min wait if you lined up at 1:55 (“started” at 2)

Gotcha..I'm a little jealous of Indiggios prize.  I was out late last night and up early today took an epic nap while all y'all were at the party..still in my ski clothes. 

Props to blue they really hookup season passholders. Free hat is a nice touch. I wonder if any of them are on eBay yet?  

• 6 years later...
On 12/3/2017 at 3:16 PM, enjoralas said:

Update: didn't win anything in the first round of drawings. Saving the rest for the end. Not sure we'll still be here, but luckily don't have to be present to win. First round they had some decent prizes, a Costco membership, a pair of goggles, a helmet, pair of tix to a Phantoms game. Some dogs too like a thing of foaming sunless tanning cream. Lol.

Food is pretty darn good as stated above. Snapped pics:

Veggie and fruit setup:

IMG_0730.JPG

Meat and cheese. Mozzarella and tomatoes were quality:

IMG_0726.JPG

Some kinda meatball that tasted good. Plastic swords to eat them with so you know it's a classy affair:

IMG_0727.JPG

Two kinds of flatbreads:

IMG_0729.JPG

Pulled pork sliders. Nice brioche buns:

IMG_0732.JPG

Dessert setup. Pictures are a chocolate mousse in edible chocolate cup (again, classy alert!) and a raspberry cheesecake bite. Also had mini cannoli and carrot cake bites:

IMG_0734.JPG

Drink ticket was was only good for beer and wine so gave it to Pops so he could double dip and paid $4.50 each for a couple vodka cranberry drinks.

Bump cause I haz da munchies