These idiots at CB

eaf

1 minute ago, Shadows said:

i dont get why you go somewhere with one trail for an entire day and then just sit in the lodge. and you dont drink lol

Im only taking 5-10 minute breaks in the lodge. Cross country skiing is exhausting and I need frequent breaks. i'm an old man. Hell I'm almost 30. 

‘Tis the season to be giving. We’ll be opening two more trails tomorrow, Lazy Mile and Upper Main Street! Pay the same discounted price for 7 trails, $39 for 8-hours & $25 from 12pm-4pm. We’ll see you on the mountain!
4pm closing tomorrow probably means no midweek this week which sucks.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tarponhead said:

‘Tis the season to be giving. We’ll be opening two more trails tomorrow, Lazy Mile and Upper Main Street! Pay the same discounted price for 7 trails, $39 for 8-hours & $25 from 12pm-4pm. We’ll see you on the mountain!

Unfortunately with no express service, a recent storm, short Sunday hours and cheap prices, this will mean murderous lines.

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

SaltyAnt at least with all your visits to the lodge you can meet a lodge mom. You eat anything good at Camelback? 

No thanks. I didn't eat anything because there was no free food this time. I stopped at Burger King on the way home but they forgot not to put ketchup/mayo on my Whoppers, so that kind of ruined my dinner.

15 hours ago, saltyant said:

I just got a full tune up 2 weeks ago. Honeymoon is ok but Honeymoon way is uphill and I cant generate enough momentum off Upper Marc Antony to make that uphill segment. I'm already doing full french fries so I'm not sure how carvings going to help. Took another lodge break, trails are getting congested with literal first time skiiers and now theres a line at the lift. Maybe I'll sit here for 3 hours until everyone goes home to Jersey but there isnt even free wifi.

Hate to tell you, but wax on skis, especially with east coast ice, only lasts an outing or two.   You have to wax skis often and use heat to open up the pores in the base so the wax becomes part of the base.  I'd bet your "full tune up" was just a roll-on coat of wax, that was more/less gone after the first time out after the tune up.

Get some longer skis to spread the weight out.

Put on lots more weight, just basic physics.

Learn to ski/carve.  Carving imparts energy into the ski by bending/flexing it, like compressing a spring, which, when the ski straightens, generates speed.