These idiots at CB

eaf

20 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

No free wifi?! Get a pass to Blue.

Yeah, yeah, I'm adding it to the long list of the main reasons to get a pass to Blue. You know, deserts, WiFi, stuff like that. Just need to survive this season and then will begin my new life of being appreciated at BM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

No free wifi?! Get a pass to Blue.

I thought most people these days get unlimited data.  I've always had unlimited data. Anyway Salty is still undecided about if he wants to switch from Camelback to blue after today's long liftlines but normally the lines aren't than long and we have VIP lines for passholders on the quad and six pack. 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought most people these days get unlimited data.  I've always had unlimited data. Anyway Salty is still undecided about if he wants to switch from Camelback to blue after today's long liftlines but normally the lines aren't than long and we have VIP lines for passholders on the quad and six pack. 

I'll wait until most terrain is open at both to make a decision, obviously. I'll pick a busy weekend (MLK Day or President's Day) to see how the crowds move, and how the VIP line compares to Camelback's singles line. To me, the most important thing by far is how long it takes between runs because I get bored if it takes too long, and anymore I just want to leave.

Edited by saltyant

So far, here's how I rank my 4 days out from best to worst (considering crowd size, lift speed, terrain, snow quality, parking, etc)

1. Opening Day at Camelback with Ski2Live (fun snow, fast speed, no lift lines at all, free cocoa)

2. Opening Day at Blue (no lift lines, fun terrain for early season, decent snow; slower lift than CB)

3. Camelback yesterday (got stuck on flats, Marc Antony got crowded)

4. Blue today (long lift line is a deal breaker regardless of snow quality)

I use tracfone which is $6.33 a month and have limited data. I refuse to pay $50 a month or whatever for Verizon, so I try to find free wifi whenever possible.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

So far, here's how I rank my 4 days out from best to worst (considering crowd size, lift speed, terrain, snow quality, parking, etc)

1. Opening Day at Camelback with Ski2Live (fun snow, fast speed, no lift lines at all, free cocoa)

2. Opening Day at Blue (no lift lines, fun terrain for early season, decent snow; slower lift than CB)

3. Camelback yesterday (got stuck on flats, Marc Antony got crowded)

4. Blue today (long lift line is a deal breaker regardless of snow quality)

Your skiing today wasn't as good as yesterday at Camelback..wow just wow..I know you got less runs but had to be better runs. 

I can understand how free food and getting to hang with juicebags on opening day at Camelback was your best.  Maybe come up with some sort of rating system to keep things objective. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Your skiing today wasn't as good as yesterday at Camelback..wow just wow..I know you got less runs but had to be better runs. 

I can understand how free food and getting to hang with juicebags on opening day at Camelback was your best.  Maybe come up with some sort of rating system to keep things objective. 

Haha. Honestly the wait times between runs is 90% of whether or not I enjoy the day. I absolutely can't stand still for more than 5 minutes. Sorry.

16 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

That's retarded. You should stay with Camelback.

I can't understand why people will pay $100 per person at an amusement park to stand in line for 60-90 minutes per ride, to ride a roller coaster than lasts 30 seconds. Utter insanity. I'd honestly rather go hiking in the woods or snowshoeing.

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I can't understand why people will pay $100 per person at an amusement park to stand in line for 60-90 minutes per ride, to ride a roller coaster than lasts 30 seconds. Utter insanity. I'd honestly rather go hiking in the woods or snowshoeing.

You know about as much about that hobby as you know about skiing. Those of us who care enough to make it a hobby don't pay nearly that much or stand in any real lines to speak of.

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Where is image from?

Not sure, just found it on Google. But I'm not exaggerating a whole lot when I say that's what Blue looked like coming down Lazy Mile, and FB posts say it got much worse by 2 pm with one hour waits. Got a $39 refund so I'm happy regardless.

I heard the same thing from ski patrol yesterday about Camelback getting half the trails open next week, so getting pretty stoked.

Edited by saltyant

Was particularly cool at CB to note that my 10 year old daughter was skiing better than at least half the people out there today. Just zipping swiftly and stylishly around all the out of control fools, both the ones who were on their board/skis and the ones struggling to get back up.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Was particularly cool at CB to note that my 10 year old daughter was skiing better than at least half the people out there today. Just zipping swiftly and stylishly around all the out of control fools, both the ones who were skiing and the ones struggling to get back up.

Awesome, glad you had fun. Good to hear you got some decent runs. I did notice a lot of people falling yesterday, a lot of first timers were out.

5 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Kinda like going shopping black friday and complaining about people :/

Yep. I expected crowds today to be similar to opening day, maybe a little more. Boy was I wrong, haha. Live and learn, now I know when not to go skiing ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Was particularly cool at CB to note that my 10 year old daughter was skiing better than at least half the people out there today. Just zipping swiftly and stylishly around all the out of control fools, both the ones who were on their board/skis and the ones struggling to get back up.

Do both your daughters like skiing equally?   Kids get good fast. 

Both are real into it. One is advancing a bit faster and she was the one with me today for a "daddy daughter day", as it was the other one's turn for a "girls day out" shopping and dining fest with grandma. About 4 times a year we split them up for some 1:1 time and today was such a day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1