12/9/17...busy..snowing..rad

GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Most go for the Main Street chair cause it's slightly faster and they didn't get Burma side open. Only the six pack would have been able to handle today's crowd m

The lift attendants can still direct people to Burma. Sure, people can refuse, but I think most would comply. I think this would be easier to do if the RFID reader was moved back, or if an extra reader or two were installed.

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

The lift attendants can still direct people to Burma. Sure, people can refuse, but I think most people would comply. I think this would be easier to do if the RFID reader was moved back, or if an extra reader or two were installed.

They did direct people but they couldn't get through the scanner fast enough and there wasn't enough snow to open the Burma side access. Nothing you can do about it. Just hard to handle the crowds with those who came out for the snow this early in the season.

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They did direct people but they couldn't get through the scanner fast enough and there wasn't enough snow to open the Burma side access. Nothing you can do about it. Just hard to handle the crowds with those who came out for the snow this early in the season.

I agree. The only solution was more scanners, which didn't appear possible. Which is why I'll be waiting for the six pack to open.. shouldn't be too long now.

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I agree. The only solution was more scanners, which didn't appear possible. Which is why I'll be waiting for the six pack to open.. shouldn't be too long now.

Don't forget that expresses bring not only single lines, but VIPs also ;) Of course with most of season pass holders here quitting by 10am it shouldn't be a problem for you, but anyway, wanted to give you some ideas for your future trademark TRs.

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

for your future trademark TRs.

Haha, thanks, but I'll always leave it up to GSS to do the weekend TRs for Blue. That express lane sounds nice, I think that'll win me over in the long run and hopefully the disastrous crowd size today will soon be a distant memory.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Haha, thanks, but I'll always leave it up to GSS to do the weekend TRs for Blue. That express lane sounds nice, I think that'll win me over in the long run and hopefully the disastrous crowd size today will soon be a distant memory.

Is this your first season on BM??

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yep. I only went last year on Valentine's Day ($14 special) and it was fun. I'll be back a few more times this season, and now I have a $39 gift card so that'll help.

Well, then my honest advice is to try BM one more time next weekend, then forget about it until mid Feb. Or ski Sunday nights and non-holiday weekdays. Do come on 02/21 for the ski demo day.

• Thanks 1

It's pretty ridiculous to get angry about 15 minute lifelines on December 10th in the Poconos. Any mountain with any open terrain worth skiing would have the same lines. Camelback doesn't have any lines because they don't have anything open to draw in skiers.

And anyone who thinks that skiing that shit Camelback had the nerve to open with is better than hitting the terrain Blue has open just because you can ski onto the lift vs waiting in a 15 minute line is operating with a diminished mental capacity and I seriously wonder how they could get through their everyday life.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It's pretty ridiculous to get angry about 15 minute lifelines on December 10th in the Poconos.

Not angry, just not doing 15 minute waits. Nope, I don't have a diminished mental capacity. Had fun at Blue and I'll be back when it's in better shape.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

And anyone who thinks that skiing that shit Camelback had the nerve to open with is better than hitting the terrain Blue has open just because you can ski onto the lift vs waiting in a 15 minute line is operating with a diminished mental capacity and I seriously wonder how they could get through their everyday life.

Dial it back a little. What CB has opened is far from being shit, and you're no judge for others' mental capacity here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

Dial it back a little. What CB has opened is far from being shit, and you're no judge for others' mental capacity here.

That caught me off guard. I thought enjo was a cool guy when I met him. No need to get worked up, we're just having fun on here. I prefer runs over quality. I'm a new skier and still enjoy green runs. We all don't have to think the same way, lol.

That caught me off guard. I thought enjo was a cool guy when I met him. No need to get worked up, we're just having fun on here. I prefer runs over quality. I'm a new skier and still enjoy green runs. We all don't have to think the same way, lol.

Enjoralas is just fine. He is commenting on all the tight panties comments. Some serious fuckery for lines today? Yep. Good turns also,? Yep. Good time with friends? Yep.

Salty once paradise opens you will be set. See ya soon!
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Enjoralas is just fine. He is commenting on all the tight panties comments. Some serious fuckery for lines today? Yep. Good turns also,? Yep. Good time with friends? Yep.

Salty once paradise opens you will be set. See ya soon!

Midway and Lazy Mile were excellent. Had fun hearing a story from Root. Good day.

FB posts say lines got up to 45 minutes by 2 pm so glad I bugged out. I'm satisfied Blue refunded me and will be a returning customer because of it.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Midway and Lazy Mile were excellent. Had fun hearing a story from Root. Good day.

FB posts say lines got up to 45 minutes by 2 pm so glad I bugged out. I'm satisfied Blue refunded me and will be a returning customer because of it.

Jeez. They do say that lines were up to 1 hour today. And send bright rays of hate to those BM racers. I'm sure SP holders would get their share if VIP lines were open.

My best memories of BM are those of late spring skiing (think about St. Patrick's day) and Sunday nights when upper lodge goes from full house to suddenly half empty, and you alternate between skiing moon-lit terrain and warming up. Not in the bar section, but in the hall that overlooks the slope. Often that hall is closed for special events. You do need slalom skis for all the ice at night. Let's see if the new groomer is gonna change that.

The worst memory was the weekend when I ran into ticket line snaking around the sidewalk and the night when some boarder ran into my skis, undid the bindings, and the ski flew into the darkness of the forest. Spent literally an hour looking for it. It managed to get under a log between two boulders.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

Jeez. They do say that lines were up to 1 hour today. And send bright rays of hate to those BM racers. I'm sure SP holders would get their share if VIP lines were open.

My best memories of BM are those of late spring skiing (think about St. Patrick's day) and Sunday nights when upper lodge goes from full house to suddenly half empty, and you alternate between skiing moon-lit terrain and warming up. Not in the bar section, but in the hall that overlooks the slope. Often that hall is closed for special events. You do need slalom skis for all the ice at night. Let's see if the new groomer is gonna change that.

The worst memory was the weekend when I ran into ticket line snaking around the sidewalk and the night when some boarder ran into my skis, undid the bindings, and the ski flew into the darkness of the forest. Spent literally an hour looking for it. It managed to get under a log between two boulders.

St. Patrick's day is late in the spring lol. Eaf do you have a season pass at Blue?  Next weekend will be back to lots of terrain and cranking out 6-7 runs an hour on the poconos coldest 6-pack. 

29 minutes ago, eaf said:

Good times on the slopes. Glad you found your ski, that must have sucked. Guess I'm just anxious to get out and relive my own memories of cruising down empty moonlit slopes on a cold starry night. Can't wait until next weekend.

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

St. Patrick's day is late in the spring lol. Eaf do you have a season pass at Blue?  Next weekend will be back to lots of terrain and cranking out 6-7 runs an hour on the poconos coldest 6-pack. 

Well in the context of skiing late spring is right before the end of the season. Which is rarely after mid April.

No, I don't have season pass at Blue or anywhere else. I like variety. A Peak pass would be a no brainer if I lived farther north.