12/9/17...busy..snowing..rad

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Yesterday SaltyAnt tried to cut the line by going in the season passholders line..I said that Barb said it was ok. Well the gate attendant sent him to the back of the line and since salty doesn't like to skate and poll he took his skis off and walked to the back of the line..great stuff. Standing in that line is a lot better than being at working feverishly typing on PASR between customers calling to inform us that it snowed

• Haha 1

Ski Patroller's line...  I saw him walking back out.

That's another stupid thing they've done. If they want that to be a SP only line, put up a rope at the start so people don't use it!  I guess the SPs are too lazy to move the rope.

Edited by indiggio

10 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Ski Patroller's line...  I saw him walking back out.

That's another stupid thing they've done. If they want that to be a SP only line, put up a rope at the start so people don't use it!  I guess the SPs are too lazy to move the rope.

I don't think there's any signage that says it's a ski patroller line.  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Johnny law would argue that it's safer to ride with the bar up.  I'm cool with no bar on the Main Street chairs..six pack and quad I need it. 

i just couldnt believe that someone of a lower skill set than me on the mountains would have the nerve to tell me how to ride the lift.  the scumbag should have been taking advice from me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yesterday SaltyAnt tried to cut the line by going in the season passholders line..I said that Barb said it was ok. Well the gate attendant sent him to the back of the line and since salty doesn't like to skate and poll he took his skis off and walked to the back of the line..great stuff. Standing in that line is a lot better than being at working feverishly typing on PASR between customers calling to inform us that it snowed

That was pretty funny. Atomic told me I was going to get banned. I thought it was the singles line because someone did that earlier before it got insanely crowded. It didnt work because I had to keep yelling any single riders? Even if someone agreed i bet i would have still ridden single because the rfid reader is so slow, and then I would have had an angry mob with skipoles instead of pitchforks after me. Good times and I get to come back using my gift card!

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'd be more concerned about falling from the lift because it made a sudden stop than from the chair falling from the line..

This but really how hard is it to stay on the moving couch.....

I like how every year it's the same shit but peeps still show up expecting something different, stop fighting it and embrace the shit show that is blue sometimes.

Early season is always questionable snow, kooks fucking everywhere doing all kinds of irrelevant shit down lower main, long ass poorly organized lift lines and season passes that only kind of scan. It's the magic that makes Blue Blue, best terrain in eastern PA, excellent equipment with people that only kind of know what they are doing.

Shit is good, embrace the bs.....I mean beers in the lot are actually what early dec skiing is all about how stoked can you get on repeat laps on midway to lower main minefield.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

This but really how hard is it to stay on the moving couch.....

I like how every year it's the same shit but peeps still show up expecting something different, stop fighting it and embrace the shit show that is blue sometimes.

Early season is always questionable snow, kooks fucking everywhere doing all kinds of irrelevant shit down lower main, long ass poorly organized lift lines and season passes that only kind of scan. It's the magic that makes Blue Blue, best terrain in eastern PA, excellent equipment with people that only kind of know what they are doing.

Shit is good, embrace the bs.....I mean beers in the lot are actually what early dec skiing is all about how stoked can you get on repeat laps on midway to lower main minefield.

You've got to meet saltyant..I originally thought he was some troll from the TGR forums but he's as real as can be and as white as the snow. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1