12/9/17...busy..snowing..rad

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Early yesterday we saw a little girl, 5-7 perhaps, in a flying wedge, no turning ability and gaining speed towards the SP building, father trailing behind seemingly not doing anything to help (not sure if he couldn't or didn't want to or what).  Girl ended up doing full speed wipeout to a stop just above the ski patrol building.   Another person I was skiing with stopped to make sure she was all right.  Totally irresponsible parenting IMHO.

That's unbelievable. People actually think that's how you teach your kids to ski too. I'll bet you dad can't even whirlybird. Pathetic.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Haha thanks for sticking up for me TP4, I've been getting a lot of shit on here lately. It's all good though. I personally refuse to be herded like livestock in a long queue anywhere. I'm not mad about it because Blue refunded my money. My most memorable times skiing are jumping on a high-speed quad and doing run after run after run on good quality snow, regardless of level of difficulty. #notacattle #incapacitated #cantmakeitthrougheverydaylife

I didn't give you shit for preferring the crap Camelback had to offer over the crap Blue had to offer, I gave you shit for claiming it was an overall better skiing experience, which was absurd, particularly since at the time we were talking about 15 minute lift lines and not the hour plus fuckery that supposedly ensued. S'okay though, I still think your kewl.

I'm glad Blue gave you a gift card refund. I think all ski areas should follow Camelback's lead with the snow guarantee. You shouldn't be stuck being out all that money for a ticket if you get on the snow and conditions suck. 

23 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I didn't give you shit for preferring the crap Camelback had to offer over the crap Blue had to offer, I gave you shit for claiming it was an overall better skiing experience, which was absurd, particularly since at the time we were talking about 15 minute lift lines and not the hour plus fuckery that supposedly ensued. S'okay though, I still think your kewl.

I'm glad Blue gave you a gift card refund. I think all ski areas should follow Camelback's lead with the snow guarantee. You shouldn't be stuck being out all that money for a ticket if you get on the snow and conditions suck. 

Ok, we're kewl. Once lift lines were 15 minutes long around 10-11 am, I knew it was going to get exponentially worse the way the chip readers were slowing down the line. Afterwards, when we were chilling in the parking lot, the stream of cars coming in was crazy. I promise not to judge Blue based on this experience... too much! This is my first preseason experience, since last year at this time I was working as a lift attendant and not skiing. So I'm comparing the best times I had last year to current preseason conditions, which is totally not fair. Now I know what to expect next year early on and I won't be surprised when these kind of things happen.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Don't put it past Blue to pull more blunders during the season...
I think they had already blundered again by not taking full advantage of the inversion last week to blow as much in the valley as they could.  Since the temps were low enough to make snow, why not blow on Home Stretch and the lower park so that they're ready to open the valley ASAP?  Once the cold front passed, all they would have had to do was to blow enough on Tut's for a WROD and they would have been gold.
It still just boggles the mind that they've been doing this for so many years and they still can't get it right.  It's like every year they have to learn it all over again.
You mean the time they spent blowing on Lazy Mile and Upper Main Street to open them? Look at how thin Lower Lazy is! I bet they go back and redo that either before or while they hit Home Stretch.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

You mean the time they spent blowing on Lazy Mile and Upper Main Street to open them? Look at how thin Lower Lazy is! I bet they go back and redo that either before or while they hit Home Stretch.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Snowmakers need a little more love.  Blue has more terrain open than anyone else in PA. 

• Like 6