12/9/17...busy..snowing..rad

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I rocked out to Lehigh valley regaee music, 50 cent and lil Kim on the drive up and arrived at the upper lot around 7:20am and the temperature was are 28 degrees under cloudy sky's.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFBB Dan, PARidge, NMSki, Gah skier George, Indiggio, Kevin, Mother Nature and a few jerrys. 

I forgot if if I was first or second chair doesn't matter..was nice to be out skiing again and come around was prettt good, midway was playful conditions with push piles and edgeabke hardback. Easy out and vista were a delight and lower Main Street was the suck..just goofy slow sort of slick yet not smooth and bowling ball sized death cookie on left side..the base is deep though. 

Lift lines were a couple minutes to ten minutes long on average..may have got longer later although I noticed a lot of people were using the vista lift as well. They had both the Main Street and Burma chairs going but impossible to have full capacity on both lifts with just one section of two scanners. Oh well #FirstWorldProblems...I got a decent amount of runs in and had some good beers in the parking lot with falling snow...I'd say 2 solid inches as of 1230pm im sure a little more before it is all said and done. The fresh snow should groom in well with the manmade for solid skiing tomorrow but I also expect alot of crowds as the backyard affect is in full swing with snow in the flatlands. 

I really hope expect and want upper Main Street to open tomorrow the inversions have been a killer this season. I think that homestretch and tuts lane will be ready soon along with lazy mile..The guns never shut off while I was skiing and it's well below freezing and will be colder mid week so by next weekend should see a lot more terrain open. It's only day 6 and I don't think I've ever skied come around so much. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Doubt it. Few are as gross as you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how you tried to fart on Ryan's head last week. 

Just was outside wow this storm is a big time overperformer. Probably almost 6" total and the stuff coming down now has serious fluff factor. 

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Lol dont bother. 15-20 minute wait only going to get worse

That's awful to wait in a 15 minute line just for one green route down the mountain with uphill parts that's ridiculously narrow and packed with people, on snow that wasn't groomed so has killer cookies under the fresh.

Just kidding, obvs. Your options are pretty much suck it up and wait in a liftline for the only open terrain in PA that might be worth a line, or carry your happy ass back up to Tannersville and hang out in the lodge because the skiing sucks, but, hey—high speed quad!

Any skiing is better than no skiing. 15-20 mins lines is no skiing in my books.

There is a good chance that JF will open next weekend. Now, that's gonna be just in time. They have consistently decent snow, much-much less people even in peak times, and what do you know, the peak times are right around the corner. Can't wait.

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Just kidding, obvs. Your options are pretty much suck it up and wait in a liftline for the only open terrain in PA that might be worth a line, or carry your happy ass back up to Tannersville and hang out in the lodge because the skiing sucks, but, hey—high speed quad!

Lol. Both options are equally bad, and I'm not sure which one's worse. I'm done for the week unless some mid-week skiing opens either at Blue, Bear Creek, or Spring Mountain.

After 6 runs at Blue I complained and got a full refund, a $39 gift card. I'd rather not ski at all than stand in line for 15-20 minutes, and then ride a 6-8 minute lift. No thanks. I'll stay home the rest of the day and wait until the real skiing begins next weekend.

The management of the lines at the Main Street and Burma chairs was a complete joke. At one point, 1/4 to 1/3 of the chairs were empty despite 100-200 people in line. The RFID reader bogged it down, and the lift attendants put absolutely no effort into managing the line, such as pairing singles and queuing people up at BOTH lifts after passing through the RFID reader. After I quit for the day, someone mentioned that they started doing more traffic management, probably due to my complaint.

Whatever though. I had a decent time during the few minutes I actually spent skiing, and tailgated afterwards with the PASR crew. The snow was pretty decent, though Upper Main Street was horrible - the first third was nothing but death cookies. Lazy Mile was a very nice run until the left turn, and even then it wasn't too bad. I even had a good time on Midway, which was far better than it was on opening day, and not too crowded.