12/9/17...busy..snowing..rad

GrilledSteezeSandwich

10 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

...kooks fucking everywhere doing all kinds of irrelevant shit down lower main...

def saw a dude coming down lower main street in a not-so-solid wedge, couldn't turn to save his life, and ended up almost crashing into one of the snow guns near the bottom. I kinda felt bad for the dude....glad he didnt' hurt anyone around him.

1 minute ago, guitar73 said:

def saw a dude coming down lower main street in a not-so-solid wedge, couldn't turn to save his life, and ended up almost crashing into one of the snow guns near the bottom. I kinda felt bad for the dude....glad he didnt' hurt anyone around him.

Early yesterday we saw a little girl, 5-7 perhaps, in a flying wedge, no turning ability and gaining speed towards the SP building, father trailing behind seemingly not doing anything to help (not sure if he couldn't or didn't want to or what).  Girl ended up doing full speed wipeout to a stop just above the ski patrol building.   Another person I was skiing with stopped to make sure she was all right.  Totally irresponsible parenting IMHO.

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You've got to meet saltyant..I originally thought he was some troll from the TGR forums but he's as real as can be and as white as the snow. 

Nice, I'm hoping for like a super rich lady with like a driver and shit type character. I think that could really round out our cast of characters and add a really interesting perspective.  Like pinky up, drinking ipa's from a china cup and plate.

5 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

See I love this kind of shit....one random Monday night at like 830pm, totally empty, Edge, The dude and I are hauling down main st and about 3/4 of the way down is a hippie looking semi-hot girl "skiing". In reality she's going about 20ft to complete explosion, at first I thought she was fucking with us, like who loses skis, hat, gloves going that slow but on like the 400th time we lifted her back up and got her going we realized she's like on the ninth moon of Jupiter. Xanax, paint thinner who the fuck knows but this bitch was high as fuck. 

Eventually we got her to the double double....two days later the dude says she came back the next night and the cops had to come she was so fucked up while trying to buy a ticket in the upper lodge.

Blue is just like this site....what a perfect collection of fucking weirdos

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Nice, I'm hoping for like a super rich lady with like a driver and shit type character. I think that could really round out our cast of characters and add a really interesting perspective.  Like pinky up, drinking ipa's from a china cup and plate.

See I love this kind of shit....one random Monday night at like 830pm, totally empty, Edge, The dude and I are hauling down main st and about 3/4 of the way down is a hippie looking semi-hot girl "skiing". In reality she's going about 20ft to complete explosion, at first I thought she was fucking with us, like who loses skis, hat, gloves going that slow but on like the 400th time we lifted her back up and got her going we realized she's like on the ninth moon of Jupiter. Xanax, paint thinner who the fuck knows but this bitch was high as fuck. 

Eventually we got her to the double double....two days later the dude says she came back the next night and the cops had to come she was so fucked up while trying to buy a ticket in the upper lodge.

Blue is just like this site....what a perfect collection of fucking weirdos

Wow just wow.  

During my final 5 seconds on the snow yesterday, I was behind a skier on Vista, nearing the lodge. All of a sudden the skier makes a sharp left in front of me and falls, on virtually flat terrain. I don't know how, but somehow there was just enough space to get around him. Time seemed to stop during those seconds as I thought my ski season was over due to a pending injury. Thank God I get to ski another day.

Edited by saltyant

7 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

you guys are miserable people lol.  props to salty ant for making a boss move and skiiing for free.  the lift line situation yesterday was a debacle and if you were there you would have known that.  lol at you guys defending 1 hour lift lines when 1/4 of the chairs were still going up empty

Haha thanks for sticking up for me TP4, I've been getting a lot of shit on here lately. It's all good though. I personally refuse to be herded like livestock in a long queue anywhere. I'm not mad about it because Blue refunded my money. My most memorable times skiing are jumping on a high-speed quad and doing run after run after run on good quality snow, regardless of level of difficulty. #notacattle #incapacitated #cantmakeitthrougheverydaylife

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

During my final 5 seconds on the snow yesterday, I was behind a skier on Vista, nearing the lodge. All of a sudden the skier makes a sharp left in front of me and falls, on virtually flat terrain. I don't know how, but somehow there was just enough space to get around him. Time seemed to stop during those seconds as I thought my ski season was over due to a pending injury. Thank God I get to ski another day.

You aren't gonna get injured if you plow into somebody they're the one that's gonna get hurt and remember the downhill skier or rider has the right of way.  Do you want me to explain smartstyle to you.  Smartstyle is not just a chain of hair salons it's a way of Lyfe. 

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1883.PNG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Haha thanks for sticking up for me TP4, I've been getting a lot of shit on here lately. It's all good though. I personally refuse to be herded like livestock in a long queue anywhere. I'm not mad about it because Blue refunded my money. My most memorable times skiing are jumping on a high-speed quad and doing run after run after run on good quality snow, regardless of level of difficulty. #notacattle #incapacitated #cantmakeitthrougheverydaylife

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

remember the downhill skier or rider has the right of way

Yes I know and I try to predict what other people are going to do and sometimes they do the completely unexpected. That's why I couldn't wait to advance to blue and black trails so now I don't have to worry about that as much.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yes I know and I try to predict what other people are going to do and sometimes they do the completely unexpected. That's why I couldn't wait to advance to blue and black trails so now I don't have to worry about that as much.

Yup because shitty and unpredictable skiers and riders stay off Blue and black runs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1